Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2020, 03:45 AM
Kobold

Default Best Wizard Bind Locations Classic / Kunark / Vel

My question, as a dark elf wizard is, what are the best bind locations for us? I'm currently bound in Steamfont at the druid merchant, and find it to be a pretty reliable spot at level 25, but now I'm looking for something that has it all, a merchant or something as useful.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

Maybe the Qenos Catacombs?

Vendors and a banker right there.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

Firepots in TD hands down
Old 09-15-2020, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faywind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Firepots in TD hands down
I'm not sure this really worth it. maybe if you have a MS. The great benefit of a druid or wizard is your ability to bind anywhere and not give a shit. By keeping your bind there, you give up this benefit.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

Neriak serves my human wizard well as a city. At later levels, with a kunark item, you can even port to nek forest free of mana. You may need to build a little faction with the red wine quest though.

If you are doing gnoll scrolls qeynos could work well. This may require invis/line of sight shenanigans to pull off as a dark elf.

Halas is remote. Good if you are Xping nearby or are interested in vox (or later epic). Other areas you can port to. Not too far to run to Qeynos either.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My question, as a dark elf wizard is, what are the best bind locations for us? I'm currently bound in Steamfont at the druid merchant, and find it to be a pretty reliable spot at level 25, but now I'm looking for something that has it all, a merchant or something as useful.
How about OT Hammer Hill? You can pick up some platinum porting and if/when you join a guild at ~50 it will save you hours of frustration trying to hammer off bats and spiders to pick up guild mates.

I don't think the availability of a merchant is so critical for a Wizard, especially when you can use the Lost Staff of the Scorned to port home to Neriak at L39 and as a DE you can hide between quads.

But ultimately:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN
The great benefit of a druid or wizard is your ability to bind anywhere and not give a shit. By keeping your bind there, you give up this benefit.
The firepots are for everyone else. Even as an Enchanter I moved my bind spot out of TD when Velious released.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Do you not plan on leveling? Bind near where you're hunting. As a DE I can't recall if you can use the WC druid merchant without getting aggroed by the other druids nearby. Nek gate isn't too far from neriak merchants...I think looking for a bind spot close to a merchant or bank doesn't have as much of a benefit for a wizard or druid.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:44 PM
Orc

You're a wizard. Bind at the location in/near you're leveling. When you're ready to bank/sell/purchase spells/etc, just self gate back to Nek Forest. It's a very short run to Neriak. When you're done with that, gate back to your leveling spot. Rinse and repeat until you level past that area and head to next leveling spot. Rebind there and do whole process over again.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wherever you are currently hunting always works

Qeynos, near bank - to turn in gnoll scrolls and sell ports out
EC Tunnel
Lower Guk safe hall - to exp there or sell ports out
Lost Temple of Cazic Thule on top of Archon pyramid - to group for exp and sell ports out

Overthere Outpost, possibly on top of the wall - so you can go in to port people or go out to exp (have bat wings or lev cloak)
Outside Kaesora - to exp in there or sell binds and ports (you can bind others in the entrance hall to Kaesora, aka the <Azrael> guild bind
On top of Karnor’s Castle
Outside Old Sebilis
Firiona Vie if using it as a home base

Cobalt Scar at the click-in to Skyshrine so you can Gate and click as a quick escape/reset button when quadding in CS
Outside ToV for raids and to offer ports
Plane of Mischief
Also OOT!
Old 09-16-2020, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

For velious I always liked having my casters bound right at the click out tree in PoM, ymmv