Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2020, 01:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this guy in mastodon?
Old 12-21-2020, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can you sum up what he said i cant look and listen to this idiot
Subscription model is 100% a viable option, just nowhere near as lucrative. If people didn't touch cash shops, companies would revert back to subs and/or find alternative methods. Quality content would then be the norm, since devs would be actively working to hold onto and increase subs. This isn't likely to happen any time soon because, well, people can't even sit through a short video.
Old 12-21-2020, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

loot boxes are $$$$ PHAT $$$$$$$ st5acks of free

surgeries
Old 12-23-2020, 03:42 PM
Kobold

I imagine, considering it's not EQ that passed hands but the guys who own the guys who own it, nothing will change. That said, screw PGI and the bait-and-switch with what they did with MW5. Feels gross being under the same umbrella as EverQuest now as far as overall ownership. Yuck.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:36 PM
Aviak

My dream would be as follows reskin the original EQ game with Unreal Engine, it’s pretty dam simple and I for sure would pay 15 dollars a month for that.
Old 01-29-2021, 01:58 PM
Kobold

If the new company owns the IP they own the code and I am sure no user agreement from any IP owner of EQ allowed the end user to run their own EQ servers. The agreement between Daybreak and P99 didn't give P99 any rights but only allowed it to continue at the will of Daybreak. The new company has every legal right to prevent anyone from running their own eq server using any of the original game code. They could easily make the argument that emulated servers hurt them financially due to allowing people to play their game without needing to pay them to do so even if the people running the emulated servers don't make profit (spend all donations purely to run the server and not pay anyone).
I'd monitor the news and hopefully the company won't shut it down.
Closed Thread