Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-28-2020, 07:22 AM
Skeleton

Default EQ not detecting my GTX1070

Hi Guys,

I haven't played for a while, logged in today and the game was very jerky. Upon further investigation I realised the game was only using my laptops onboard graphics and not my GTX1070. Have tried updating the Nvidia driver and also setting the GTX as the default display for EQ but still no luck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] When I go into EQ settings only the onboard card is available.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Cheers!

Jim
Old 10-28-2020, 07:32 AM
Kobold

you can use the nvidia control panel to force applications to use the desired GPU. Maybe that does the trick? Had a similar problem and the Nvidia settings solved it for me. Also check this forum, heard that particular problem before.
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Old 10-28-2020, 07:37 AM
Skeleton

Thanks for the reply Exard3k but have already tried that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-28-2020, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need dgVoodoo2 for laptops that have both CPU and Nvidia graphics card. The instructions are pretty straight forward.

It is possible to remove the watermark if you wish to edit the file information.
-Mcoy
Old 10-28-2020, 10:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi Guys,

I haven't played for a while, logged in today and the game was very jerky. Upon further investigation I realised the game was only using my laptops onboard graphics and not my GTX1070. Have tried updating the Nvidia driver and also setting the GTX as the default display for EQ but still no luck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] When I go into EQ settings only the onboard card is available.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Cheers!

Jim
I had this same problem and I had to use the Nvidia software to force EQ to use the graphics card instead of the onboard one and AT FIRST it did not work but eventually I got it to recognize the drivers. I know this is a vague solution but keep stabbing at it and eventually it should stick. I never had to download anything other than the NVIDIA control panel or whatever.
Old 10-28-2020, 11:35 AM
Aviak

I'm in the same boat as of this morning, and I've logged in nearly every day for the last 6 months. Also had zero success forcing with NVIDIA Control Panel. Gonna keep trying.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:48 PM
Large Rat

I had a similar issue with my GTX 1050 ti. What worked for me was deleting the eqclient.ini file in the EQ folder (MAKE A COPY/BACK UP OF IT FIRST), then starting EQ to automatically create a new one. I had to redo a lot of my settings, but I could copy some of the settings over from the backup of eqclient.ini. Hope that helps!
Old 10-28-2020, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

dgvoodoo2 has resolved this for me and I haven't had to touch it since. Even when I plug in an external graphics card, the EQ client detects it just fine.

-Mcoy
Old 10-28-2020, 01:13 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-Mcoy
Woohooo thank you ever so much! The dgvoodoo2 thing fixed it.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Woohooo thank you ever so much! The dgvoodoo2 thing fixed it.
It works great