Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 09:03 AM
Sarnak

1. Aim for 255cha over any other stat.

2. Agree with everyone else. Buy all of them. There will be a day you will need it.

3. For everyone saying necro, they are a good duo if you have a good necro that knows how an enchanter works. Cleric works great. Also other fun and great duo's would be another enchanter or druid.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Druid, necromancer, cleric, shaman, or even a second enchanter all make strong duo partners.

I think the ultimate partner is an innoruuk worshipping cleric. With the regent symbol of innoruuk you'll be able to fear kite if you like, which is an extremely strong tactic in zones where you can charm a rogue class NPC.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

1. 255, so the day you get 4x under 1-minute charm durations you will not have a doubt about 255 CHA mattering.

2. Spin the Bottle

3. Cleric is the obvious answer but don't underestimate another enchanter. I leveled enc/enc with a partner to ~55 and it was a very fun journey.
Old 11-15-2020, 12:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. 255, so the day you get 4x under 1-minute charm durations you will not have a doubt about 255 CHA mattering.
Dont let this get you down though , this will still happen with 255 charisma so the fun will be there still
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 11-24-2020, 01:46 PM
Orc

1) 255 for sure - its anecdotal but I really noticed a difference with getting even a few more points of cha

2) I'd say get them all, but if you can't afford them, crowd control ones first, damage mitigation next, then your DD. Illusions you can get when you feel the need to go there (but troll is great for the regen and werewolf is great for the str). If you are going to be in a group your animation is useless, but I used it a lot while soloing.

3) Personal favourite is a cleric. A good cleric will keep you alive (and rez you when you are dead), but a great cleric will stun on a break, root for CC, can help with lull (maybe - cast +cha on them first) as well as keeping you and your pet alive. Others as mentioned are druids, shamans and necros. Fear kiting with a druid or necro is so much fun. Someone mentioned the innoruk snare - its not a great snare but better than nothing which makes inny shamans/cleric better than others.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Buy eye of confusion, you'll be sad you didnt if you solo anything that matters.
I'm curious about this spell... Never used Eye of Confusion.
Any insight ?
Old 11-30-2020, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm curious about this spell... Never used Eye of Confusion.
Any insight ?
Some kind of ghetto crowd control on mobs who can't be mez'd I'd guess. The short duration means they won't run too far. Unfortunately 3 ticks is still bit long for such a tactic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont let this get you down though , this will still happen with 255 charisma so the fun will be there still

instead you will be wondering if you had those extra hit points you could have allocated in your gear/stats instead you would have survived long enough to land that mez/stun.

Don't be that guy. Always expect the worst outcome and your enchanter will die much less and that starts with your gear. More hit points also allows you to bandage for more health.
Closed Thread