Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

I have a feeling things will be ok. Has anyone looked into the past of this EG7 company? I wonder if they have any presidents.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you even read anything I wrote? Daybreak doesn't own the IP for the P99 server; Rogean and Nilbog do. Period. It is 100% unique software, written 100% independently, and in a legal sense it is not in any way connected to any IP Daybreak owns.

But please, if you're so certain in your legal analysis, and understanding of how software works ... answer this one simple question: what IP specifically are R&N infringing on?
Ever heard of the golden rule? - He who has the gold, makes the rules!

So while you may be technically right, you could also be severely underestimating a company with 10 of millions of dollars at their disposal with a legal team that does nothing but hunt down potential copyright infringements.

Bottom line is, I still don’t see them bothering simply because there isn’t enough meat on the bone to make a difference. Hell, even if a thousand p99 players donated $10 a month every month, that’s still only $120,000 a year. That’s hardly enough to pay 2 employees salary.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

I think its clear that the green server needs to be shut down to ensure the future of the project. It has brought far too much mainstream attention to P99 and excess players.

Plus its only a matter of time before some green player with untreated mental health problems snaps over an epic drop or a warder loot and hurts himself or someone else IRL. Then the bad publicity will carry over to the official product and retaliation will be swift.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think its clear that the green server needs to be shut down to ensure the future of the project. It has brought far too much mainstream attention to P99 and excess players.

Plus its only a matter of time before some green player with untreated mental health problems snaps over an epic drop or a warder loot and hurts himself or someone else IRL. Then the bad publicity will carry over to the official product and retaliation will be swift.
if we delete green, everyone will run to blue and ruin the server
Old 12-02-2020, 11:02 PM
Banned

Green roolz, blue is 4 loser ass retards. Get on the green train while you can
Old 12-02-2020, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

purple purple purple!
Old 12-02-2020, 11:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green roolz, blue is 4 loser ass retards. Get on the green train while you can
that's direspectful!

all my best memories and good friends I made was from that server!

Odephon if you see this, I miss you! I still remember we killed snakes in blackburrow

together!

looking for the following old friends: Bakamez, Anuerysm, Odephon
Old 12-02-2020, 11:33 PM
Aviak

not a bad deal for the owner for daybreak. he gets 10 percent of eg7 voting shares for the sale for 300 mil. not so sure about the 900 million in debt eg7 took out to acquire and finance the acquisition of daybreak.

https://www.enadglobal7.com/press/7758700B9A777D34/

They have also used this to acquire piranha gaming and big blue bubble.

financials are attached.

swedish company known as toadman for a while. the ticker symbol publ ( I think, cant find it on any exchange but its the only reference I could find on https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=EG7-SE&tab=profile and I even checked international ones as well as searched toadman and Enad)

according to their financials they have not came close to industry standards in a lot of areas and have taken on a massive amount of debt to buy these companies. according to their own website a few of their officers have already cashed out and sold their portion of the company.

CEO Gary Williams and COO James Cato to be specific.

Their website is transparent on who their officers are but not so much on what their strategies are or what particular games their design folks actually worked on.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Daybreak really doesnt develop much but it appears they were acquired by a company that does, but just doesn't say what they have actually worked on without further digging. Admittedly I am too lazy to dig that much into it.

EG7 board members can be found here if you want to check it out,

https://www.enadglobal7.com/management/

also they are looking at a 31 million a year return or EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, and Amortization) which means after they pay all the taxes and financing costs they are probably going to be around 22-23 million if I had to ball park it. it will take 13 years to pay off the 300 million price tag and still have millions in debt. they wont see a solid return for a long time.

In all honesty other than expanding for the sake of expanding I do not see the financial strategy here. maybe someone on here smarter than me can help me see it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (20.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 12-03-2020, 02:32 AM
Banned

It would be nice if the company who owns the rights and the users could have some sort of agreement of rights and enjoyment of the game. Like in World of Warcraft if people thought a certain expansion was bad, then to some relative degree have a server changed if there is enough votes. I understand it would be hard for companies leadership to accept to change something due to users saying something they own or made was bad. I wouldn't mind paying to play p99. Just dont make me play another game.
Old 12-03-2020, 02:57 AM
Planar Protector

Imagine 5 years from now and nothing new has been added to any of the existing franchises they just took over.
Closed Thread