Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 12:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is amazing. Can't wait to see how you arrange things based on what's actually where in the game. I don't know if you saw my attempt at a map - I approached it by taking influences from the cloth maps but organizing things by zone connection geography and ignoring most everything that wasn't actually in classic EQ. The cloth maps simply make no sense compared to zone orientation in game.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude this is really well done. Wallpaper material.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
Old 09-08-2020, 03:52 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We need an EQ rts town builder game badly.
Have you ever heard of Lords of Everquest? Also are you the person who has made this?

https://youtu.be/84dSfEEXaRU

Amazing map work so far!
Last edited by Records; 09-08-2020 at 03:56 AM..
Old 09-08-2020, 08:14 AM
Planar Protector

So I've been thinking about that dried riverbed/canyon from oasis that cuts into the mountains. I was looking at the position of Oggok on Lune’s map and had a realisation:

Oggok has a tunnel leading nowhere, suspiciously similar to a zoneline tunnel. Perhaps this could have been a second zoneline into the Runjark hills, alongside the canyon?
Old 09-09-2020, 08:51 AM
Kobold

I always thought the devs should have put more effort into filling out the areas of norrath that already existed, instead of the direction they took things. Wasn't there talk of custom content in p99 later? Maybe we should homebrew some zones. That area southwest of the Feerrott and Rathe looks fun and high level.
Hafthor: Dwarf Cleric (NEW: Try GREEN Hafthor!)
Tsukiko: Human Monk
Burzma: Troll Shaman
Old 09-09-2020, 08:50 PM
Aviak

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...tml?zstrat=942

Turns out the Dead Hills were a part of the Call of the Forsaken expansion on live EQ.

Also, The Serpent's Spine mountainous region is basically adjacent to the Rujarkian hills and would be split and disputed by factions somewhere around Kith. Admittedly, according to classic EQ geography, there probably isn't enough land for all the zones added to those areas in LDoN and TSS expansions, but I have no way to scale the actual dead space between the classic zones to the zones themselves.

Rainwarden Tolo - 60 Druid

Warden of The Rainkeeper
Scout of <Riot>
Grand Historian of <Fires of Heaven> P99 Blue
Old 09-23-2020, 01:24 PM
Fire Giant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grk0Y0_T-JA

this might be helpful
Old 12-16-2020, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always thought the devs should have put more effort into filling out the areas of norrath that already existed, instead of the direction they took things.
Totally I am so hyped to explore some of these magical little nooks and crannies one of these days when I finish this dumb project lol

Im excited to squeeze a crushbone type derve zone behind the camps in WC between that zone, and those magical lakes & waterfalls that were never built! There has to be something cool there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oggok has a tunnel leading nowhere, suspiciously similar to a zoneline tunnel. Perhaps this could have been a second zoneline into the Runjark hills, alongside the canyon?
It will be now! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-16-2020, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

yaaaahh that little orc pass canyonlands area woulda been coooooool

very neat OP

rayye-the mountains... oh my
Last edited by magnetaress; 12-16-2020 at 04:56 PM..
Old 12-16-2020, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

Jibartik you are a total hero.

I heard a rumor that a guy loaded non tutorial maps into the original EQ tutorial EXE that runs offline.

Would kill for this to explore.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-16-2020, 08:45 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I love stuff like this. I've spent way too much time staring at the original map and pondering it. I liked how some locations are not named on the map but specifically visible, like the Lost Temple of Cazic Thule. It adds to the feeling of mystery and discovery. That's the only nit I'd pick about Lune's incredible map. If it were up to me some of the dungeon and zone names would be removed.

Regarding the Rujarkian Hills - My interpretation was that area was already in the game just as an area in South Ro. It's that (mildly) hilly area in the south part of the zone with the orc camps.

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, you're right about that tunnel! What an interesting observation. I never connected the dots that it was probably a connection to an unfinished zone. Now I'm going to pore over old world zone maps and see if I can turn up anything similar.
Last edited by Abominog; 12-16-2020 at 08:56 PM..
Closed Thread