Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-29-2022, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A huge portion of student debt is held by graduate students, who much more than undergrads are on course to make more than enough money to pay them back. Anyone who can't understand people's opposition to this are just completely out of touch with basic human nature and most people's sense of what's fair.

The colleges themselves should be held more accountable, I am sympathetic when people complain about how much college costs now VS a generation ago. It really makes no sense at all.
Nah man

Don't you understand?

You're a cool Edgelord if you borrow 60K and flee the country so you don't have to pay it back

Just ask Tethler
Old 08-29-2022, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A huge portion of student debt is held by graduate students, who much more than undergrads are on course to make more than enough money to pay them back. Anyone who can't understand people's opposition to this are just completely out of touch with basic human nature and most people's sense of what's fair.

The colleges themselves should be held more accountable, I am sympathetic when people complain about how much college costs now VS a generation ago. It really makes no sense at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EC1D6DC0-313B-44BD-A4DD-3543382E8EA1.jpg (20.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-29-2022, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Evil smart guy Twitter is saying some shit about taxing their endowments.

Haha taxes!
Old 08-29-2022, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It really makes no sense at all.
It doesn't? an aspiration turned into a standard of living. You need this to survive, automation is threatening from one side already.
Old 08-29-2022, 11:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"I had to suffer through polio. And now they have a vaccine for it... for free? No, those broke kids should suffer like I did. That fucking pinko commie Jonas Salk is probably a deep state pedophile." - the modern conservative stereotype who has time-travelled to 1955
this captures it well
Old 08-29-2022, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1zard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this captures it well
Salk never got paid for his invention so I don't see why upper class millenials should get paid for their social media agitations.
Old 08-30-2022, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1zard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this captures it well
$10,000 student loan is similar to a vaccine how? Not like the Covid “vaccine” like a real vaccine that actually does what it should.

Terrible analogy.
Old 08-30-2022, 01:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
this captures it well
It really doesn’t

Just because some embittered rednecks reflexively hate everything Brandon does, it doesn’t mean incentivizing grift is good for the long term health of the republic

Colleges invest in lazy rivers and football stadiums as they cut tenured professorial positions. You are being dunked on and don’t have the MENSA level IQ of a handsomillionaire like myself to see it
Old 08-30-2022, 01:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
$10,000 student loan is similar to a vaccine how? Not like the Covid “vaccine” like a real vaccine that actually does what it should.

Terrible analogy.
I don’t think the medical syntax is important, the jist of it to me is a sarcastic “well I suffered so they should suffer too”

And I completely agree with that. They should suffer too

Because being responsible is suffering, having discipline is suffering, facing the consequences of our choices is suffering…just because something involves suffering, doesn’t mean it’s inherently bad for us

Also, it can be seen as unfair to many others

Also, it’s legal legitimacy still seems to be in question

The best counter-point seems to be finding another example of an “unfair” bailout
Old 08-30-2022, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're cool if you borrow 60K and flee the country so you don't have to pay it back
Agree