Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 01-20-2023, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So just trying to follow your thinking.
Donating tanks equals US in war with Russia.

Good thing tanks haven't YET been donated yet.

MAGA theory says we haven't quote entered war just yet. Thank God we cleared that up. *boggle
Why does Germany get to block anyone from sending tanks?
Old 01-20-2023, 01:11 PM
Banned

Trump aside, any conservative subreddit on Reddit should immediate be named RINO because it’s on Reddit IMO

That’s like having a conservative on MSNBC

Edit: this is unless Reddit has changed in the last 5ish years since I’ve been banned to be less politically biased on a whole. It still wouldn’t change the fact that upvote and especially downvote feature just causes mob mentality bullying and is a dogshit feature when it comes to having fair discussions
Last edited by unsunghero; 01-20-2023 at 01:27 PM..
Old 01-20-2023, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
According to the article it’s Germany saying you have to send ultra high tech shit and the US saying that’s too expensive

At least it does seem like a line drawn in the sand by us, although I also think we have been sending too much money and weapons. Why not just send everything we possibly can, even at huge determinant to our safety? If the goal is for Ukraine to win?

Obviously there needs to be a “too much” line and I just think that line has already been crossed

Any day now Ukraine gonna win this new 100 years war tho amirite
Old 01-20-2023, 01:22 PM
Banned

Is this also like a possible sunk cost fallacy thing? Where we’ve invested so much into Ukraine not losing that we are willing to financially ruin ourselves rather than cut our losses?

Let’s hope not

I don’t think it’s good for one side to argue that being financially unable to send more aid is being “pro Russia” or something, whether that point has been reached yet or not

That’s like saying someone you love has cancer, they have a gofundme going for their treatment, you donate all you can like $500, and it’s far from enough for them to get their treatment. So everyone else says “wow I guess you want them to die then, didn’t realize you were pro-cancer”
Last edited by unsunghero; 01-20-2023 at 01:32 PM..
Old 01-20-2023, 01:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
According to the article it’s Germany saying you have to send ultra high tech shit and the US saying that’s too expensive

At least it does seem like a line drawn in the sand by us, although I also think we have been sending too much money and weapons. Why not just send everything we possibly can, even at huge determinant to our safety? If the goal is for Ukraine to win?

Obviously there needs to be a “too much” line and I just think that line has already been crossed

Any day now Ukraine gonna win this new 100 years war tho amirite
What the fuck our tanks run on jet fuel?

America is so fucking cool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-20-2023, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Conservative: Hey is the military industrial complex starting more proxy wars?

Liberal: SHUT THE FUCK UP IDIOT

lol

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-20-2023, 02:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What the fuck our tanks run on jet fuel?

America is so fucking cool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, it has a jet engine.

When we were sending the Soviets tons of shit during WW2, we couldn't send them any Sherman tanks because it required special fuel the Soviets were either too dumb or poor to obtain.

So it's not a new problem.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-20-2023, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Something about re-exporting if it's Leopards. Probably a clause saying if you import our tanks you can't go and export them without our permission.
Old 01-20-2023, 04:51 PM
Banned

I was blackout drunk when I made this thread. Have no recollection of it lmao.
Old 01-20-2023, 04:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was blackout drunk when I made this thread. Have no recollection of it lmao.
It's all good, we'll take it from here