Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 09:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesThaDogg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see this said a lot, but has this ever been confirmed? I wonder if maybe green will be separate and wholly distinct from blue, even after it runs its course.
This has not been addressed, at all, by the devs, it is all conjecture at this point but there seems to be only four options available:

1) If creating new servers is a big expense, AND the devs want to maintain a true Classic experience option, then most likely Green will roll into Blue when the timeline is complete and Green will then re-open back at the start, rinse and repeat..., or

2) Green could be a one-time deal, and will just end up being a second Blue, or

3) The devs are ok with three servers, and there will be a "dumping ground" server that each new Green server feeds once the timeline is complete; Blue is left untouched, or lastly

4) New Green servers open up every three years or so, and the old Greens remain separate servers left to age and bloat like Blue has ended up doing, but with their own economy and unique issues, the older servers will not be impacted by merges

Creating new servers is a bit of a pain, I am guessing, but merging is too, duplicate names, accounts with more than 8 characters, economy distortions from "green" loot dumping into a "blue" server, etc etc

I think that #1 is the most likely choice, for many reasons... but again, this was not addressed in the announcement
Old 05-03-2019, 11:47 PM
Kobold

There's another option...

5) At the end of the Green timeline, the server is wiped, all characters are erased, and it spins back up fresh.

No need to merge with Blue.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saisu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's another option...

5) At the end of the Green timeline, the server is wiped, all characters are erased, and it spins back up fresh.

No need to merge with Blue.
6) green begins with the deletion of blue.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:26 AM
Aviak

i'm confused on why somebody would trade an item on green for plat on blue. what value will plat on blue have for the kinds of people who are getting manastones on green?
Old 05-05-2019, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by immaterial [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'm confused on why somebody would trade an item on green for plat on blue. what value will plat on blue have for the kinds of people who are getting manastones on green?
The economies merge anyway, you know there's going to be some abuse and accounts banned. Especially if you can play blue+green at the same time.
Old 05-09-2019, 05:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
6) green begins with the deletion of blue.
This please.
Old 05-09-2019, 05:14 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can run an EQEmu server with 2000 simultaneous players on a fucking toaster.
Let me know how that works out for you. Considerable effort went into the overhaul of various systems from EQEmu Base that prevented zones from having more than even 100 players at the same time in the early life of the server.

2000 players might be possible if it's spread out enough to a max of 50-100 players per zone, but I'd be very interested to see how eqemu servers are handling 300+ players with simultaneous raids in a zone like Temple of Veeshan. IIRC, they still have SQL Queries running in the main thread.

I could be wrong though and their code has improved much since then, but I remembered a conversation with Akkadius when they split up the player profile column, telling him they really need to DBASync their queries out of the main thread, and he said it wasn't necessary.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 05-09-2019, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me know how that works out for you. Considerable effort went into the overhaul of various systems from EQEmu Base that prevented zones from having more than even 100 players at the same time in the early life of the server.

2000 players might be possible if it's spread out enough to a max of 50-100 players per zone, but I'd be very interested to see how eqemu servers are handling 300+ players with simultaneous raids in a zone like Temple of Veeshan. IIRC, they still have SQL Queries running in the main thread.

I could be wrong though and their code has improved much since then, but I remembered a conversation with Akkadius when they split up the player profile column, telling him they really need to DBASync their queries out of the main thread, and he said it wasn't necessary.
why not share the superior codebase?
Old 05-09-2019, 07:06 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekreant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why not share the superior codebase?
All of my improvements were shared with eqemucoders. At this point, they are either incompatible with eqemu because of the massive difference in the code bases, or are specifically classic.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 05-09-2019, 08:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of my improvements were shared with eqemucoders. At this point, they are either incompatible with eqemu because of the massive difference in the code bases, or are specifically classic.
How did you manage to take the base class out of /who?

So [51 Rake (Rogue)] Blahblah shows up as [51 Rake] Blahblah instead??
Closed Thread