Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 10:29 AM
Fire Giant

Default NPC bards

Are there any NPC bards that play songs?
Old 08-18-2019, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Nah they wanted to program in npcs using songs but they never did
Old 08-18-2019, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Nope.

As a side note, they basically stopped making bard NPCs (that were intended to be killed) after Kunark as bard NPCs were extremely underpowered. Xygoz is listed on the wiki here as a wizard, but he was a bard on live servers iirc. He was the easiest dragon by a good stretch.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

God. Actual bard NPCs would be amazing. They'd charm level 60 players since NPC charms don't abide by level limits, and you'd get a little window every few ticks to try to escape. They'd run around at speeds that make GrimFeather jealous. They'd do group short range teleport spell when they're in your camp with buddies just as soon as you think you've got everything rooted in safe spots. They'd highsun you to your bind if they didn't want to fight.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

I bet if designed right bard NPC's could have really put an end to kiting or at least reduced it by quite a bit being able to move and cast.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Not to mention inherent +90 MR and +90 run speed
Old 08-18-2019, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

lol those idiots at sony came up with make dots do less damage while running instead. doh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Altho I am just joking, I concede that maybe adding bards to like every kite-able mobs spawn % could likely be hilariously absurdly dumb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 08-18-2019 at 04:56 PM..
Old 08-18-2019, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God. Actual bard NPCs would be amazing. They'd charm level 60 players since NPC charms don't abide by level limits, and you'd get a little window every few ticks to try to escape. They'd run around at speeds that make GrimFeather jealous. They'd do group short range teleport spell when they're in your camp with buddies just as soon as you think you've got everything rooted in safe spots. They'd highsun you to your bind if they didn't want to fight.
Not a bard, but I was fighting a green con kobold noble in Sol B. He charmed me, and sent me over to the king group. I literally wiped their entire group while charmed. They didn't even know what hit them. That was an awkward conversation afterward.
Old 08-19-2019, 03:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a bard, but I was fighting a green con kobold noble in Sol B. He charmed me, and sent me over to the king group. I literally wiped their entire group while charmed. They didn't even know what hit them. That was an awkward conversation afterward.
Kobolds noble is the brawniest npc in the game!

My wizard had his rains loaded and got charmed once. Wiped the group easily! NPCs/pets don't even hit themselves with their own rains, and I suspect they don't have the limit to hit only 4 times with their rains. As such as a pet I am fairly sure I was doing 9 hits on the group with my rain (3 waves of 3 hits) each cast!
Old 08-19-2019, 11:50 AM
Kobold

Getting charmed on live was so much more amusing than here... e.x. I vividly remember a Severilous fight once where the 60 rogue got charmed and proceeded to wipe the entrance raid.... you never see that happen on p99... why?
Closed Thread