Great idea, it's a win / win for everyone !! 45 51.72%
Nope, and you are a idiot 30 34.48%
Something about nine hundred and eleven towers of bush? 12 13.79%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 08:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Handing in shit to KT/Dain/Yelinak is terrible. Absolutely terrible. I really do think we should fix that.

The only fair way I can think of is......
(Maybe remove variance from those mobs)

Agree to leave those mobs up for a certain period of time (1-6 hours or something like that)

Afterwards have guilds race for the mob with a /random countdown.

I.E /random 100, only 97 and above you may run. False starts DQ you from the run.
It really is the absolute worst, finally obtaining the quest pieces for these awesome items, only to have to wait a week or weeks to finally get a chance to hand them in. In classic EQ, the thing is that these mobs were NOT tracked through every second of their window with raid forces sitting by waiting to pull and kill them the second they spawn. On my server in classic, nobody knew about zone line pulling and raids just didn't happen until the evening time (no guilds could or even wanted to attempt to organize a raid force mid day). So mobs like Dain, KT, Yeli and WToV dragons would be up for many hours, or even a day or two sometimes.

Given how different the dynamics of this server's raid scene are as compared to live, I actually think changing the mob to turn in these quests to would make the server more akin to the way things were during classic. It would be similar in spirit to rooting the dragons, or reducing the numbers of mobs a bard can kite, etc. to recreate the feel of classic EQ.

If anyone reading this has the ear of any GMs / Devs please toss this idea out to them!! Anyone attempting any of these quests would be extremely grateful I am sure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-22-2019, 02:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So whoever gets the FTE wins the right to have a period of time (15, 30 mins?) thereby allowing people to turn in while they setup etc.
Engaging a FTE mob and not being ready to kill it is against server rules?
Old 08-22-2019, 02:50 AM
Kobold

Also do the tracking time, will help. 18 seconds not enough time to open trade window?
Old 08-22-2019, 07:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naonak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Engaging a FTE mob and not being ready to kill it is against server rules?
You left out the first half of my post:

"I think a good compromise would be to race for FTE but not require an immediate pull like was the case a few rule sets ago."
Last edited by azeth; 08-22-2019 at 07:10 AM..
Old 08-22-2019, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackofSpade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic EQ, the thing is that these mobs were NOT tracked through every second of their window with raid forces sitting by waiting to pull and kill them the second they spawn. On my server in classic, nobody knew about zone line pulling and raids just didn't happen until the evening time (no guilds could or even wanted to attempt to organize a raid force mid day). So mobs like Dain, KT, Yeli and WToV dragons would be up for many hours, or even a day or two sometimes.

Given how different the dynamics of this server's raid scene are as compared to live, I actually think changing the mob to turn in these quests to would make the server more akin to the way things were during classic. It would be similar in spirit to rooting the dragons, or reducing the numbers of mobs a bard can kite, etc. to recreate the feel of classic EQ.
Dead wrong, I remember having to sock these hand ins back on live. Sure a change would be a quality of life improvement for everyone, but it's never gonna happen
Old 08-22-2019, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naonak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also do the tracking time, will help. 18 seconds not enough time to open trade window?
18 seconds enough time open trade window, do tracking time help aslo
Old 08-22-2019, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

I mean, like 30 people would air click scout...
Old 08-22-2019, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, like 30 people would air click scout...
Static respawn with 0 variance. Only one person can compete the quest each time. How does that have anything to do with this discussion?
Old 08-22-2019, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

People used autofire there for years without repercussions, just do the same on Dain
Old 08-22-2019, 11:46 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by remen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dead wrong, I remember having to sock these hand ins back on live. Sure a change would be a quality of life improvement for everyone, but it's never gonna happen
I second that, On karana there were enough guilds that nothing stayed up for long - we had a couple of major japanese guilds, the 2 or 3 french and european guilds worth mentioning, and of course your garden variety US top guilds, which made anything succeptible to die in any timeslots.

Yet i don't remember Yelinak/KT or Dain turn ins beeing much of a problem, probably because although raid targets were raced any time of the day, sock pooping wasn't really the norm and you probably had 20 to 30 min to turn in after a pop even though there was a guild, somewhere, on the move.

I don't remember it being an issue on RageFire either; but pops were much faster and we had a short stretch of being the dominating guild so we could turn in at our leisure. Got my FT boots week 1 of velious IIRC.

As a side note I totally enjoy being a clueless noob on this server, but perusing the forum i get a confusing picture of the raid scene and its rules; is there a thread somewhere with informations? like what the hell is "FTE" ?
Closed Thread