Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 12:52 AM
Large Bat

He's clearly talking about Statue, Tormax, Tunare, etc.
But, you're also just misremembering Ntov.
Sure, 2 coth mages coth folks up, like you said. But they could coth a puller for FTE, then have the second mage along the pull path coth 2-3 for secondary. Having a large guild also allowed you to immediately flood North from zone line with monks to brute force the pull in.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by angfonz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's clearly talking about Statue, Tormax, Tunare, etc.
But, you're also just misremembering Ntov.
Sure, 2 coth mages coth folks up, like you said. But they could coth a puller for FTE, then have the second mage along the pull path coth 2-3 for secondary. Having a large guild also allowed you to immediately flood North from zone line with monks to brute force the pull in.
Most mobs were won within the first 12.5 seconds.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:54 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Inbefore people complain I didn’t mention a possible backup/secondary and trainup bringing the total to a zerg of six people.
Yeah. Because that's, like, what happened.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:56 AM
Aviak

Same thing with Statue and KT... the bottleneck was your two mages.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:57 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most mobs were won within the first 12.5 seconds.
Because most mobs were FTE'd by a large guild doing exactly what I said to make sure a pull got to zone line. Getting Vulak to zone in with 2 pullers wouldn't have been anything close to a sure thing.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:04 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by angfonz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because most mobs were FTE'd by a large guild doing exactly what I said to make sure a pull got to zone line. Getting Vulak to zone in with 2 pullers wouldn't have been anything close to a sure thing.
Of course it wasn’t guaranteed but most mobs were in fact won within a split second after CoTH hit. There’s a reason why the likes of Kelza could carry Tempest on their back.

I do feel bad for all the AG guys who put in the work only to have the meta changed over night. They were coming on strong and making a lot of wins.

Anyway, I need to remind myself not to bother coming here. Lots of clueless people commenting on something they were probably never a part of.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:29 AM
Kobold

I've been out of the high end scene since before the roots. Is VP still the last zone where you can raid like god intended?
Old 08-23-2019, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

I think a lot of the player made agreements on rotating some high end targets like we see now, and recently proposed will probably make for an overall healthier, and more enjoyable raiding experience for a lot of players. And I don't think you have to completely rid all competition.

I can only speak for myself, but what I enjoy most about raiding is more the adventure working together with your friends killing a mystical creature. And I think in many ways, some of the smaller guilds are just looking for that experience with some higher end targets that have been increasingly more difficult to achieve due to many variables and mechanics.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:08 PM
Sarnak

Green and wow classic bout to be out

I dont understand all the salt about blue
Old 08-23-2019, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green and wow classic bout to be out

I dont understand all the salt about blue
This is all that's left.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Closed Thread