Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 03:51 PM
Aviak

Default 47 Shaman returning from 4 year hiatus

Hi Dudes and Dudettes,

I am a 47 barb Shaman returning after a 4 year hiatus from P99. I have a few questions on bringing my shaman into 50+ that I was hoping to get some advice with:

1. I currently have ~3k to my name. Planning on farming hill giants in Rathe until I have enough for a JBB. Once I have JBB, what are the next must-have items for a shaman to reach full potential (Ikky BP, Fungal, Epic, etc.) given that I will have to farm the cash for them.

2. I plan on starting epic when I hit 49. Hoping to solo up to dire wolf than recruit help in downing him. Afterwards, I will farm pages on CoM until max faction. How hard is it to get the final child's tear on the server these days?

3. I've been reading more and more about how money dependant shaman are at higher levels. Would it be more practical to level a druid/necro to make some money to support my shaman? Or is it totally doable to farm up plat on my shaman once I get a few must-have items.

Any advice would be appreciated. I am also know next to nothing about Velious, so feel free to provide any Velious grouping/farming tips as well.

Thank you,
Mendell
Old 10-05-2018, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

If you're already 47, I don't think leveling a druid or necro for the purpose of farming for your shaman would be worth your time. Get your JBB and an iksar BP or Fungus staff and grind away toward 60. Just being in the upper 50s will give you access to more camps that can earn you more money. I have no idea about the availability of Childs tears.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:13 AM
Fire Giant

Before you start on the journey to max out your items, check your resolve... those top items will have you do a mind numbingly long time of farming. Ask yourself if you really want to do that. If yes, go ahead. If not, consider maxing some other char with less expensive needs... which is basically every other class.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:55 AM
Sarnak

Because this server is dumb, you essentially won't get Child's Tear outside of paying ~75-100k for a MQ
Old 10-05-2018, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Here's the thing: you don't need an epic, or a fungi, or even a JBB to level to 60: they don't increase your grouping XP rate at all, and they doon't increase your soloing rate that much.

Just to use some rough but arbitrary number: pretend you have 200 hours left of grinding to get to 60. JBB might save 20 hours, fungi 40 hours, and epic 60 hours.

Even if you farmed plat at 1k/hour, you wouldn't be able to farm the 50k for a fungi in 40 hours, or 100k for epic in 60 hours ... and you won't be able to farm at 1k/hour at your level. However, you might farm 10k for a JBB faster than 20 hours.

I think you should get a JBB and then save the plat you get from leveling for spells. Once you're 60 (even without Torpor) you'll be able to farm plat a lot faster, and then you can worry about getting an epic and Torpor, and probably a Fungi along the way.

Now of course it'd be nice to have all those "toys" leveling up, as you'd get to 60 faster, but unless you're a twink it's not going to happen (or if it does happen, you'll waste more time farming plat than you'll save in leveling time). So just enjoy the fact that Shaman are plenty powerful without toys, enjoy the grind to 60 without them, and once you get to 60 enjoy the fact that you're on-par power-wise with other 60 characters ... but you still have two "levels" worth of power (epic and Torpor) to go [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread