Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

I root rotted at that level. Scourge takes so long that you get extra med time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Guards in N.Karana I would root one and switch to the other. Poison dot and nuke it down. The second guard I would age a bit so the spawns were staggered.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sow for pet + 2 walking sleep takes 140 mana each mob.

2 enstills equal that much mana. Not counting dots.

You loose 0 mana for resummoning a pet because he will take zero damage and reclaim will give you full exp back.

Or root rot and use 300-500 mana each mob and sit medding after every 2 mobs.
I'm sure pet tanking uses little mana, but that's not the point. Just because you have no downtime that doesn't make the whole process faster. Sure you don't have to med, but if you take so long on the killing part (because you're just relying on pet damage) that overall it takes longer than if you had just used DoTs and medded afterwards, or just face tanked and medded after, then pet tanking isn't actually faster. And I suspect that's the case.

But again I've never actually measured both approaches, so I'd be curious to hear from someone who has.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-11-2018 at 12:03 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

I guess it depends on the xp your grinding too. If I was pulling in Overthere efficiency is prime concern due to almost endless mobs. In NK you only get 2 spawns every 6.5 mins. Most my young sham's life was doing cash camps (or somewhat cash camps) to make sure i could JBB at lvl 45.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure pet tanking
* meant pet kiting

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread