Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 10:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Trouble "getting into" the game

I find that once i get a character established with money and armour, i just want to start over. Does anybody else experience this? Am i doomed to make new characters for the rest of eternity?
Old 11-19-2017, 11:04 PM
Aviak

Ahh, the dreaded Altitis. Yep, been there done that (and done it, and done it again).

Are you playing a class you truly want to play? Is there something calling to you but you don't want to play it because it might be classified as tedious or not wanted?

Do you see other people playing classes that look cool and it makes you wanna be like them?

Maybe you just like variety?

What helped me was just going with the class that called to me most regardless of what anyone said about it and then finding a guild to join which led to finding a dedicated group of people that were on at the same time of the day as me.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

There is no right way to play the game. As long as you enjoy making alts and starting over, it sounds to me like you are still into the game just not into higher levels of the game.

Perhaps after you have made your 30th alt, you will have experienced enough race/class combos to know what you would like to progress further than you have so far?

As long as you find things entertaining still, don't worry on it too much! Just keep playing, eventually you will figure out your destiny here.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:05 AM
Orc

Agreed, you probably haven't found that race/class combo that you really click with. For me, it was the shaman, and later the enchanter.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:18 AM
Planar Protector

I totally relate. At the start it is so obvious how to meaningfully progress your character; fight those decaying skeletons, fill out slots with cloth armor, collect backpacks, equip the best rusty two hander you can find.

Once you've done this things may get a bit more obscure... perhaps you read the in game beginners manuals for tradeskills and try to make some patchwork armor or sharpen your rusty weapon. After this progress seems to be treacle slow!

Starting out on the server something I found useful when was to use the wiki to search for equipment by class and slot. This gave me the opportunity to see what was out there in the world, and where to go to earn it!

Don't be afraid either to post in the forums, or ask in game, for advice. Include details like your level, your class, where you currently are, and what you are looking for (friends, xp, equipment, money) and the forum regulars will love to unload their knowledge on to you.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:48 AM
Sarnak

I find that if i dont love the name of my character i get meh about them and make another alt
Old 11-20-2017, 10:56 AM
Large Rat

I feel that same way, I'm on my third character to 20... My problem is I delete them after I strip their gear to make the new alt LOL
Old 11-20-2017, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

The best thing you can do is get a high level character before making tons of alts.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

i WANT to make a character and get a decent level (say 30 or so) but i don't know where to go for good xp and im too much of a coward to go into a zone with monsters that might be somewhat threatening.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

I've leveled most every class to 20 on P99. I find it cathartic to grind as a lowbie.
Closed Thread