Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

Default Selling Fungi for Sham epic?

Getting close to 50 and I'm about 40k short of epic. Is it worth selling Fungi toward epic MQ or is Fungi too valuable and I should just farm up the rest?
Old 09-22-2018, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

I've never seen anyone crunch the numbers, but I strongly suspect the epic gives far more DPS, and thus is better for leveling, than the fungi (the fungi doesn't give direct DPS of course, but it gives HP => Mana => DoTs => DPS).

I'd get the epic.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Seller fungi, get epic, farm plat and get another fungi?
Old 09-22-2018, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never seen anyone crunch the numbers, but I strongly suspect the epic gives far more DPS, and thus is better for leveling, than the fungi (the fungi doesn't give direct DPS of course, but it gives HP => Mana => DoTs => DPS).

I'd get the epic.
A Shaman at level 50 using Canni2 (which not even all of them will have) gets about a 50% return rate on hit points to mana, making a Fungus Covered Scale Tunic worth very nearly 75 mana/minute under typical conditions. Envenomed Bolt and Plague both cost 300 or more mana by themselves, meaning in practice the Fungi is worth one extra damage over time spell every 4 or 5 minutes. The epic can potentially generate far more additional damage than that. The Fungus Tunic can out-perform the epic in grouping situations where the epic click isn't getting used often or at all. If the player spends most of his time grouping there's an argument to be made for keeping the Fungus Tunic. Most high-level Shamans make the bulk of their experience solo or duo, for which purpose the epic becomes the stronger item.

Danth
Old 09-22-2018, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A Shaman at level 50 using Canni2 (which not even all of them will have) gets about a 50% return rate on hit points to mana, making a Fungus Covered Scale Tunic worth very nearly 75 mana/minute under typical conditions. Envenomed Bolt and Plague both cost 300 or more mana by themselves, meaning in practice the Fungi is worth one extra damage over time spell every 4 or 5 minutes. The epic can potentially generate far more additional damage than that. The Fungus Tunic can out-perform the epic in grouping situations where the epic click isn't getting used often or at all. If the player spends most of his time grouping there's an argument to be made for keeping the Fungus Tunic. Most high-level Shamans make the bulk of their experience solo or duo, for which purpose the epic becomes the stronger item.

Danth
I typically solo or duo with a monk so it seems like epic may be the better choice based on this. Thank you
Old 09-22-2018, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

It would really depend on your level and your playing habits.

Without the details and the number crunch it would roughly break down to:
1. if you are grouping then the fungi is much better (assuming you canni).
2. if you are solo'ing (especially from 55-60) and will use root rot as your kill method then the epic will be much better.

Honestly, if you are grouping I would skip the epic and save for torpor if you can't afford all three by the time you get to 60.

If you're looking for a compromise to enhance solo'ing without selling your fungi you could go with the JBB for now if you don't already have one.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:05 PM
Sarnak

What you might want to consider is the resell value, fungi is like 60% of torpor price. If you're not worried for torpor clearly go for the epic.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:27 PM
Sarnak

If you solo even part of the time I would go for the epic. I was lucky and got my epic in Kunark before they were so expensive, but I would have sold my fungi in a heart beat to get that clicks dot. It just makes soloing so much easier and you can use it while you’re farming the plat for torpor.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:59 AM
Banned

I started with my epic first & then got a fungi. Can do some wild stuff with the epic.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwally [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It just makes soloing so much easier and you can use it while you’re farming the plat for torpor.
This was especially true back in the golden days of Seafury Cyclops drops (when an epic-ed Shaman could kill 6-8 Seafuries at once while only spending mana on root).

/mourn

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread