Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 02:15 PM
Aviak

Default Debating on Rerolling to Troll

Hello all,

I am a 34 iksar shaman and I am just getting back into the game again. I am working on getting gear and getting back to the grind.

But I am wondering if I should just start fresh with a Troll shaman. I can get the snare neck, wear Totemic Armor, and keep my regen.

Or, if I should just try to get some comparable gear and keep with this guy. I remember life geting alot easier at 34 with my pet when I quit playing a long time ago. I know some of the velious armor is good for iksars. But I need to know what to look for on equipping a iksar until then. I have about 3-4k to spend. I only have a poison wind censer and a phase spider carapace so far.

Thanks,
Canawolf
Old 09-25-2018, 02:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconFirestorm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello all,

I am a 34 iksar shaman and I am just getting back into the game again. I am working on getting gear and getting back to the grind.

But I am wondering if I should just start fresh with a Troll shaman. I can get the snare neck, wear Totemic Armor, and keep my regen.

Or, if I should just try to get some comparable gear and keep with this guy. I remember life geting alot easier at 34 with my pet when I quit playing a long time ago. I know some of the velious armor is good for iksars. But I need to know what to look for on equipping a iksar until then. I have about 3-4k to spend. I only have a poison wind censer and a phase spider carapace so far.

Thanks,
Canawolf
There is something to be said about min-maxing, but I am of the opinion that in this case, the min-maxing of a troll over an Iksar is largely a function of time (because of the JBB). You will lose a lot of time releveling to 34, so it’s probably a wash. I would personally just level your iksar. They’re as good as trolls in the end game.

Signed - the DE Enchanter that went 15/15 at character select and has subsequently borked his Velks faction.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is something to be said about min-maxing, but I am of the opinion that in this case, the min-maxing of a troll over an Iksar is largely a function of time (because of the JBB). You will lose a lot of time releveling to 34, so it’s probably a wash. I would personally just level your iksar. They’re as good as trolls in the end game.

Signed - the DE Enchanter that went 15/15 at character select and has subsequently borked his Velks faction.
Heh, went 15/15 on my enchanter and also screwed my velks faction too.

For the OP: just level the iksar....you're at the point now where its fun to play the shaman. Don't burn yourself out doing 1-34 again.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:57 PM
Banned

Agreed, stick it out with the Iksar.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:10 PM
Aviak

Thanks guys!

Any recommendations on armor? I was looking for the Imbued Cablilis scaled stuff, but not easy finding the right guy to make it lol.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly, delete the Iksar. I like where your head is at. Troll is gonna be much better fashion, and JBB is too fun to pass up. Its a game you should have fun and enjoy what you’re playing, Ive deleted several 40ish toons with no regrets, one of which was an ogre shaman. Took the troll to 50+ with ease once I found the right fit.

I’ll even sell ya my totemic minus the helm and PL you until lvl 10 or so. Maybe 20 depending on how it goes. PM me once you’ve made your troll.
Last edited by Crede; 09-25-2018 at 03:23 PM..
Old 09-26-2018, 11:29 AM
Sarnak

It's all a matter of opinion, if you value solo past 45 and you're not in a position to get easily your epic I would go troll/ogre, JBB is just that good.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

The first 34 levels are horribly bad. Granted, 45-53 with my sham went pretty quick thanks to a JBB. Without it I would probably just group. Your schedule allow solid group time or you looking to solo? Any chance you will get an epic ASAP?

I’m a recluse. The JBB was worth its weight in gold.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconFirestorm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello all,

Thanks,
Canawolf
Totemic gear isn't something you should base your character on, its stats are meh and its only "good" for the middling levels of classic. If you wanted it for FashionQuest that'd be one thing, but really, fashionquesting as a Troll..? Your Phase Spider Carapace basically has better stats than the entirety of the totemic armor set.

Snare necklace is handy but nothing game changing. There are maybe a handful of very high end, very contested camps where snare necklace shines. Otherwise its a novelty that you'll have in a bag most of the time.

JBB is the best reason to not be Iksar, but there are arguments to its usefulness later on. So again, do you really want to base your character on a piece of gear you'll outgrow?

I'd tell you to save up for some kind of haste gear, then regen gear. Silver Chitin handwraps are 1k and good enough haste. Iksar chestplate or fungi staff are both ~10k and can be sold easily to go towards a fungi tunic or something else later on.

I played a Troll Sham on Fippy and never really enjoyed it, mostly to the goofy look and animations. I started an Iksar here last month and have been having a ball. Play what you like based on looks, lore, and what "makes sense" to you and you'll enjoy the game more IMO. Its easy to get lost in theorycrafting and min/maxing rather than just playing the game. If you like things about Troll besides Totemic and Snare neck, I say go for the reroll. But if you like your Iksar, stick with it.
Last edited by Crawdad; 10-01-2018 at 05:15 PM..
Old 10-01-2018, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

He rolled troll a week or so ago, he saw the light.
Closed Thread