Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 07:22 PM
Kobold

Default Shaman Stats (HP/AC/Ratio/Cap)

So first off let me start by saying that I've scoured the internet for this answer and there is too much contradiction out there (for some of this stuff).

The goal here, as a 60 SHM w/Torpor, is to identify the best stat priority for solo/duo/trio end game targets (which just seems like the most fun to me atm). Also assume that due to the group size, taking hits may be part of the deal, due to splitting targets etc:

1) HP is more important than AC - True/False (from what I gather, this is definitely true)

2) AC has a soft cap of 1,000 - True/False (not sure about this, or if it applied to SHM)

3) Shield AC has more effect over other slot AC e.g. Orb of Infi - True/False (also not sure if its true and if it applies to SHM and not sure if Orb is considered a shield)

4) What the appropriate allocation/split by ratio? E.g. Considering HP > AC, 1k AC is enough, then all out HP?

Many thanks for partaking in the discussion. Also, if you are about to just link to another post, do me a favor and consider the fact that I've read as much as I could on this and i found contradictions, so 1 post "read this" doesn't really help when there are alternative opinions out there. I'm hoping to get peoples fresh experience on the matter. Thanks!!
Last edited by Riddick; 10-14-2018 at 07:31 PM..
Old 10-14-2018, 08:36 PM
Kobold

Personal preference.

The End.

(Though shield does indeed bypass softcap calulcations, and ooiv is not considered a shield for such calculations)
Old 10-14-2018, 08:54 PM
Kobold

Aside from the nearly useless "personal preference" (no shit...) comment, I must thank you for your input regarding the shield. It would have been better to get some facts cited, but still thanks for sharing.

@Jan, so you believe that 1,000 AC + say 35AC Shield (total of 1,035) would not be affected by the soft cap? Is soft cap 1,000 AC?
Old 10-14-2018, 09:07 PM
Fire Giant

If you are 60 and have torpor and epic you are already winning...

get fungi and then build tanky (raid gear with lots of hp / ac / resists) if possible for even more winning

nuff said
Old 10-14-2018, 09:34 PM
Kobold

@Foxplay, WTF?

I get that, already there, if I didn't know that, I wouldn't be a 60 Shaman w/Torpor... I just want to learn more on the details.

Obviously its personal preference...
Obviously shamans are already powerful...

I'm not looking for help on the obvious here, I'm looking to inch closer to improvements, but smart improvements where it counts. I was hoping that was obvious, but for some it's obviously not.

If you have nothing relative to contribute on the thread, don't post. I'm hoping people with actual facts, or relevant experience will post to share their experience.

Thanks, obviously [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2018, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are 60 and have torpor and epic you are already winning...

get fungi and then build tanky (raid gear with lots of hp / ac / resists) if possible for even more winning

nuff said
Once you have Torpor the Fungi is kinda meh. Personally I wear my dragon armor BP even though I have a fungi.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:35 AM
Kobold

Imo HP is always good, AC mainly when you solo or duo tank hard stuff.
Resists if you raid or want to solo tough casters.
Mana is more for raids to not go oom trying to land initial slow or loose time cannying, otherwise canni+torpor should give you endless mana anyhow.

There is no formular or definite best way, all depends on goals and playstyle. Mana eg is more important if you do not canni/torpor all the time.

I'm not that fond of fungi, Vindi BP is BiS imho - I'd even prefer SS BP once Torpor is available.

Vallon Zek (1999-2003) <Boten der Apokalypse, House T'Sai, Innoruuk's Legion, Orden des Lichts, Ancient Orden, Ancient Dawn>
[65 Barb SHM] Stear | [54 DE CLR] Palanthas
Last edited by Tortok; 10-15-2018 at 03:37 AM..
Old 10-15-2018, 05:39 AM
Kobold

Thanks @loramin & @Tortok

I agree completely, FWIW, i found out the following which i'm still not 100% sure but I think I'm close, i'll add my confidence level next to each one like this [10/10], hopefully my research will help someone else that may come around asking the same questions:

1) HP > AC && HP Only after (+285 AC) [5/10]
2) Soft-cap is 200 AC (excluding Shield) [7/10]
3) Shields raise soft-cap by amount of AC [9/10]
3.1) Orbs are not shields [9/10]
4) AC after soft-cap is not worth more than raw HP (drops to 23%) [10/10]

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=148089&page=2
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=48312
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s....php?p=2489614

I'll personally be banking on the following priority:
HP > AC > MR > WIS > AGI
Old 10-15-2018, 06:40 AM
Kobold

Really not sure about agi. Later in EQ there was a difference between avoidance and mitigation. Many claim that agi just gives you the ac you see on character screen which is basically next to nothing on P99 (as long as you stay > 75 agi even on low hp or str debuffed). If it gives you a chance to make the mob miss more often it would be great to avoid interrupts of your casts of course.

WIS should read wis/mana. Below 200 1 WIS equals 12 mana at 60, Above 200 it equals 6 mana per point. So it should be easy to calculate which is better.

Stamina has no soft cap afaik? Generally 1 sta = 3hp for priests at 60. So STA/HP is also easy to calculate if you stay below 255 buffed.

Vallon Zek (1999-2003) <Boten der Apokalypse, House T'Sai, Innoruuk's Legion, Orden des Lichts, Ancient Orden, Ancient Dawn>
[65 Barb SHM] Stear | [54 DE CLR] Palanthas
Closed Thread