Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Kobold

Didn't happen to me personally, but relevant none the less:

I'll never forget this dude Sildail on live (Prexus) who had a scheme for snagging wurmslayers.

He would ask some Dwarf pally schmuck to see his Wurmslayer (which was GIANT) and only fit into the main inventory slots if not equipt. Then he'd ask to see a bunch of other items that were equipt (BP, jewelry etc)

When he cancelled the trade the other items would fill up empty bag AND general inventory slots and if the pally didn't have ample room, the wurmslayer fell to the ground.

He'd scoop it and log out. Think he managed this at least 10 times before he got the boot.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Large Rat

my friend and i were running an inpromtu keal arena raid one day. we were just trying to help some guildmates and other folks to get some armor drops for fun.

i was doing loot so my bags had inevitably filled up with loads of fs longswords. i was a 2x epic ranger and i had swappped out my off hand epic for a great sword of storms recently, so my epic was in my bag and it looked just like a normal longsword.

long story short, late that night i sold my epic as trash loot to a vendor. and all my attempts to reach a GM to get it back fell on deaf ears. this event took so much wind out of my sails i left the game soon afterward.

heh, even thinking about it now makes my stomach churn. hard to believe it still bugs me, but i no longer want to throw my comp out the window so i guess thats something.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:03 AM
Sarnak

Had a nice random ogre back in the day by the name of Ethrugal who gave me an exe axe when I was a level 5 newb ogre warrior. At that time I thought it was the best damn item in the game. Needless to say I was deleting random things out of my inventory one day and the exe axe slipped onto my cursor and I deleted it on accident. I remember how I felt after I had deleted it. This was back in classic so it was a big deal to me. I was crushed...
Old 09-21-2010, 09:48 AM
Kobold

Last week i was camping Dino for about 10 hours. I ended up filling all my bags (with shit/junk as Dino only decent gem, a diamond, in the whole 10 hours). Well, I was swapping around with my manastone in between a kill and put it back in my "auto-inventory" after i looted something else, and I had no room, and it dropped to the ground. Went AFK before next respawn. Came back when dino spawned again and was at like 90% mana and was going to stone up to 100% before i pulled....but i couldnt find my stone. I was freaking out. Then I saw some "ice cream cone/rokyls crystal looking" thing on the ground under the old corpse and quickly grabbed it before it rotted. It was on the ground about 5 minutes. Not sure the rot time of something on the ground, but it had to have been close! lol
Old 09-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Fire Giant

Kunark:
I usually keep an open inventory slot for things I want like lightstones, or anything with a clicky effect. Camping with my Paladin main in Karnor I looted a backpack and moved my Jboots from that open slot to inside the backpack. Hours later I sold that backpack to a merchant in FV.

It wasn't until I opened my inventory to click my jboots for the run back that it dawned on me what I had just done. I was literally sick to my stomach and so furious I just sat there for like 5 minutes. I told my group I had to go and petitioned, but the GM essentially told me "You should be more careful next time". I quit playing for like a month.
When I did come back I sold all my gear, got paid a large sum of plat to be sacc'd down and never played that Paladin again.
Then I rolled a shaman and never looked back.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelanKA [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On Live I died sorta deep in Old Sebilis with my level 56 Troll Warrior that had full indicolite, the DE mask, and that Soul Leach sword that drops in PoF to name a few things. It was really late and the group decided to try for a CR the next day. Well I came home the next day to find my apartment complex burned to the ground. I didn't have access to a computer with EQ and to be honest, recovering that corpse was the last thing on my mind. I quit EQ after that. It was sometime shortly after Velious was released.
Gah, that suuuuuucks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Kobold

Let's just say that Soulfire looks a lot like a bronze two hander and you should check really closely before hitting that sell button.

(A rather patronistic GM saved me. Hey, I got the sword back so he could patronize all he wanted.)
Old 09-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Fire Giant

Only twice:

1) Live - L15 paladin or so. I'd been solo farming dervs in SRO: a painfully slow process and rough to break a camp full of casters. I was farming bronze weaps and such for cash to buy the components for a STR / DEX ring? Emerald ring? Can't remember. Anyway, I'd saved the 60 or so plat for the gem and bars. I auctioned for a jeweler and some fellow says he can do the combine. I hand him my materials and am greeted with: "Soandso tells you, 'Well, you have just been scammed, haha!"

2) I sold my RMB to a merchant (swapped out CHA gear). They were a good 1200p at the time and that HURT! The vendor had enough items that it didn't show up in the list and I didn't know about buying the trash to get other items to show.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Fire Giant

After reading some of these Live stories, I'm so surprised at the resistence to restore items that take so long to obtain. I suppose the powers that be felt that attrition to broken spirit was okay with their current subscription numbers.

I always thought customer service then was abhorrent. I dealt with a GM/guide/Cust Svc once: I'd gotten stuck in geometry prior to that slash command that could move you a tad. The GM that came to help me hours later could only berate me for wasting time.

I just don't get it with the items: the joy and sense of achievement for getting something can be completely reversed 180 degrees by losing them in trivial ways with a "Tough Shit" response.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Fire Giant

I was doing the warrior epic quest turn in, its been a while so i forget the exact details/order, I had everything but i think the Sky part, I was turning in the Dragon scales for the next step and POOF, nothing, good bye dragon scales and some other item back. I petitioned thinking the quest was bugged. We had just got a new lead GM that week and the next day while siting in first room of TOV the GM popped in and gave me the 2 scales back. About a week later i got my last drop for the quest and went to turn it in, I then realized that the quest was not bugged, i had just turned it in one step ahead. I never told anyone in my guild. I know how lucky i am that our new GM at the time was a bit of a noob as EQ was famous for never reinstating items due to player error. I was SOOOO LUCKY
Closed Thread