Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 09:29 AM
Sarnak

discord coming out today?
Old 12-31-2015, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

You mean like a pve server? Yeah later next year was the word. They want to do another progression server, and maybe at a slower progression on expansions.

I guess you heared it here first [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...well I guess for those that dont bother to follow any of their live streams.

Though not "announced". But years ago they said they wanted to at a future point, and looks like that point is closing in.
Last edited by Daywolf; 12-31-2015 at 10:21 AM..
Old 12-31-2015, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Current server is the beta server. Someday they will do another blue server with the patchez/expansions coming in order and on time. No eta afaik.
Yep, this is the same way I think. I truly feel we have been playing a beta server. The next go around will be such a better, more smooth experience than this go around. That's one of the main reasons a new server would succeed. I really hope something gets announced in the future. I can only imagine the amount of people outside of the P99 community that will buy into the hype of it -- even if they keep the current server riding along side with it.

And good to hear from you Fountree and Doors.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Not to be rude, but what exactly is the benefit of having another redo server aside from a chance to be on a level playing field for a short amount of time?

At some point, the new server will look exactly the same as the current blue server due to the same people playing more hardcore than casual players.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

The fun of classic eq progression on a classic timeline zander pal!
<Asgard>
Old 12-31-2015, 01:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to be rude, but what exactly is the benefit of having another redo server aside from a chance to be on a level playing field for a short amount of time?

At some point, the new server will look exactly the same as the current blue server due to the same people playing more hardcore than casual players.
Never played Diablo 2? The ladder kept things interesting. Eventually the ladder's economy and playerbase gets too top heavy and things get wonky. A ladder reset every once in a while and dumping all the ladder characters to non-ladder at the end is a great way to keep things fresh for a long time.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

I can't wait for a new server to launch. I wish it would launch soon.

The process of leveling and gearing, working in groups to go through content and to progress your character, are the aspects that draw me to the game. It's less fun in a context where everyone is simply racing to 60 because they want to hit raid level. It's less difficult when everyone has a pocket buffer to buff xp groups, and it's less fun when xp groups always hit the same zones. When you start a new server, there's such a rush of people in their 20s that groups choose to go other places than MM and Unrest because they can get more mobs, or there are better drops, etc.

Further, when you start a new server, you make new friends. Not everyone from Blue99 or Red99 will go to a new server. Some will stay behind, and some new people will join the Green99 server. Guilds from Blue may move over, but they'll take in new blood, and you get to know people more from leveling than from sitting in a raid channel, trying to keep quiet so guild leaders can issue instructions.

So yes, pras Green99 - may it come soon!
Old 12-31-2015, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

A year or so ago, a "Recycle Server" was announced. It was stated that it would be launched after all of the Velious patches had been released. The server would run with the live timeline, and characters would be merged to blue at the end. The "Green Server" would then be wiped and they would begin the timeline again. Imo, that's the greatest gaming news I've heard since discovering P99.
Old 12-31-2015, 02:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I see quite a few benefits:

- Restart of the economy. After 6 (?) years, active players must sit on hundreds of thousands, if not millions of PP. 99% of the old world drops are worthless. People have been farming funghi tunics and other high-end items for years.

- Improved progression. Kunark was released after how many years? 3? And Velious after another 3 years. A new box could progress quicker (e. g. 9 months of classic, 9 months of Kunark, 9 months of Velious or something like that).

- Server code, client code and database are MUCH better today than they were in 2009. A new server would have fewer bugs, fewer exploits and a better anti-cheating system than the original server had.

- A lot of people didn't know about the server when it was released. I missed the server launch and would love to see a fresh start.

- I could certainly convince some RL friends to try a new P1999 server. A lot of other people would lure their friends into trying/restarting, too.

- Many new raiding opportunities for those who want to stay on P1999 Blue.

- Most important: In classic MMORPGs as EQ, the journey is the reward. Hunting for cloth armor and a cracked staff is so much cooler than buying Velious weapons for a few PP. (I'm aware we can play self-found on P99 Blue today - it's still not the same.)

You're right: At some point, the new server will look exactly the same as the current blue server. At some point in 6 years! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server admins have stated several times that the existing server will NEVER be wiped. I still hope they'll release a new one at some point.
Last edited by Prahadigm24; 12-31-2015 at 02:08 PM..
Old 12-31-2015, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:

Well, they have said they would merge that server with blue once vel lupus would launch for its progression.

Then start it over.

So

1. If you're greedy you can farm manastones and stuff.
2. If you're fashion quest minded you can get lusterous russet crylosilk robes and dark elf masks
3. If you're classic you can wear a bark shield for stats and fight over treant camps and have the time of your life
Closed Thread