Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

How about Trolls/Ogres than can only level in innothule/guk/feerrott/CT? 1-60 possible?
Old 08-29-2019, 08:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've had similar thoughts on the Odus-only characters, didn't realize there were so many with the same interest.

Perhaps this should be a thing.
Before EQ Live went F2P, there was a server that was the tutorial zone only, which you could play for free. People managed to get crazy high levels there doing creative things, and it was fun to be able to log in for just an hour a day and always find groups/do something.

Plus, if you follow the rules of a single-zone or Odus-only guild, getting 60 with BIS (Odus BIS, let's say) would be a real hard mode achievement, something you could feel satisfied about within the context of the game.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

Odus-only would be neat, but there's nothing particularly difficult about leveling to 60 in crap gear when you can lean heavily on Clerics, Mages and Enchanters, as Erudites would. You'd definitely have to respect the SKs and Paladins though.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:25 AM
Skeleton

I like added challenge of one race

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about a Erudite only guild that has to go 1-60 on Odus.
I'd be interested in joining this, something like Barbarian only Halas, Everfrost, Permafrost, or etc.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about Trolls/Ogres than can only level in innothule/guk/feerrott/CT? 1-60 possible?
Probably not possible to get 60 unless you add plane of fear to the mix
Old 08-29-2019, 12:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should make the zone level range based, all of the beaten path areas. Hell, call it <Off the Beaten Path>.

Everfrost 1-15
Runnyeye 10-25
Dalnir 20-35
Droga 30-40
Etc

Not sure if those levels work, but you get the idea.

Can periodically switch (every 3 months? ) to some other zone list.
This would be a cool concept!

I was thinking of OT. 1-60 there. Yeah initially you'd have to get folks over there & get them bound & would take packs to zerk on even the lowest lvl mobs (lvl 12 bristly succulents per wiki) but would be fun. Vendors & bank there, lots of faction stuff to do. Pond & ocean to swim & fish in. Still can buy spells & items from the billion & one travelers that come thru the area.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillgiantchamp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a barbarian warrior to lvl 30 solo and had zero outside help and karanas was as far as I could go. Was a lot of fun. Great quests with bandits and rabid pelts to make exp and pp off greens in downtime. Was able to blacksmith my weapons until I could do langseax of the wolves sword quests for 1h and 2h slashers. Good times. Plenty of merchants with bandages for sale around all the karanas can exp right next to them to reload. Tailored my WR bags. Forged my plate armor. Had queynos aqueducts for 5hp rings and earrings (at least I could fill ever slot early). Get dungeons like permafrost and paw. Good quests. Rare spawns like pyzjn and quilmane. Plenty of fun exp spots and classic gear. South karans ogres lootz etc etc.
Levelling, questing, plat grinding, tradeskilling - all included.

I take my hat off to you!

How did you continue from there?
Old 08-29-2019, 01:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kedge Keep
Old 08-29-2019, 01:58 PM
Kobold

Rathe Mountains
Old 08-30-2019, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlpstrtkng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably not possible to get 60 unless you add plane of fear to the mix
You can get to 60 in L-Guk. There's also a few NPC's to camp in the other areas you mention (would be a lot more if earlier era Merchant killing and gate guards were in place).