Old 08-30-2019, 02:17 AM
Sarnak

Played on live progression server using this for true box:
https://www.cnet.com/products/samsun...b-11-6-series/

Worked fine
Old 08-30-2019, 08:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, your first choice won't even run the game.

Your best bet for running EQ on a tablet:

1) Make sure the tablet runs x86, and *not* ARM architecture. If you buy a tablet that is ARM-based, you cannot run EQ on it. Ever. The architecture of the processor is the only reason why EQ hasn't been ported to work on phones and such.

2) Make sure the machine is capable of running Windows XP or higher with a dedicated graphics card (WITH drivers installed) with at least 256MB of ram. Anything with a Nvidia, AMD, or high-end Intel Integrated card would work.

3) Make sure that your tablet has a keyboard or supports a keyboard and mouse and has at least 1 USB port, or at least has bluetooth support. Contrary to popular belief you can't play EQ with a touchscreen.

4) Avoid Android, Chromebooks and other such garbage as they won't run the Windows master race.

5) Just use Shadow and skip all of the above.
http://shadow.tech
So basically dont get a tablet. I literally am only buying a laptop or tablet for eq
Old 08-30-2019, 09:30 AM
Skeleton

I play on a surface pro. By default it works like a tablet, but you can attach a keyboard and use a bluetooth mouse and it becomes a pretty lightweight laptop.
Old 08-30-2019, 10:19 AM
Kobold

Yeah you need a laptop or a tablet-like laptop. An Android or iOS device will not work.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

A bit off topic but wasn’t there a PlayStation EQ game too? What ever happened with that?
Old 08-30-2019, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Champions of Norrath. I enjoyed it. It went the route of most PS2 games - off into obscurity. Hearing my character say "it's too much" 100x after mashing the "pickup loot" button was amusing at first, and quickly got annoying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champions_of_Norrath

-Mcoy
Old 08-30-2019, 11:28 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Champions of Norrath. I enjoyed it. It went the route of most PS2 games - off into obscurity. Hearing my character say "it's too much" 100x after mashing the "pickup loot" button was amusing at first, and quickly got annoying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champions_of_Norrath

-Mcoy
This was a good game. Similar to playing baldur's gate.
Old 08-30-2019, 08:51 PM
Sarnak

I've gotten EQ to run on Linux and Mac OS, even saw a video of someone (years ago) running it on a Nokia or Blackberry phone. SInce the Samsung Tab 4 is a Qualcomm CPU with ARM architecture and runs Android OS maybe it can be done but I don't know what Android OS developing would allow.
Old 08-30-2019, 09:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman08 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've gotten EQ to run on Linux and Mac OS, even saw a video of someone (years ago) running it on a Nokia or Blackberry phone. SInce the Samsung Tab 4 is a Qualcomm CPU with ARM architecture and runs Android OS maybe it can be done but I don't know what Android OS developing would allow.
I couldn’t imagine playing on a phone or touchscreen tablet. Maybe if you travel a lot and wanted to sell or chat from you’re hotel room I can’t see how you could efficiently play the game. Lap top and mouse is a must I think, and even then playing on a small screen laptop would be hard I think. Maybe I’m just spoiled with a decent computer (1999- AMD-K6 3 with 19inch crt and a massive 32 gb voodoo3 graphics card or to my present entry/mid level game Amd 8350 black edition with 8gb video) lol
Old 08-30-2019, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I couldn’t imagine playing on a phone or touchscreen tablet.
Yeah, that sounds like a nightmare. Too small for precision gameplay. Maybe good for tunnelquesting though. Play the game on PC at home and tunnelquest on tablet at work sounds legit.