Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

If you can't prove shit about dinosaurs and millions of years ago it's just a religion. You can't prove anything about space is just a shitty religion
Old 01-22-2020, 06:21 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can't prove shit about dinosaurs and millions of years ago it's just a religion. You can't prove anything about space is just a shitty religion
Are you having a psychic break? What are you even talking about?
Old 01-22-2020, 06:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remember peak oil. Hahahahaha EXPERTS
You guys are way too mad about the stuff they invent to sell you ads with.

Do you get mad at Brock Lesnar?
Old 01-22-2020, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

No I'm good. I'm saying modern science is the worst religion it's like a sci fi religion
Old 01-22-2020, 06:37 PM
Fire Giant

Faith becoming agitated while trying to trivialize science.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Modern science is worse tha n faith, its a placebo religion for mars anus blasting drug addicted demons
Old 01-22-2020, 06:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought I read they figured out free energy and there is some huge multi country project going on to harness it now. Wish I could remember the name of it.. I think it was some kind of reworked tesla invention or something.

That aside I think the world should stop blaming countries doing their best already to be green and taxing them out the asses and instead blame places like China where a very large amount of the world's pollution is coming from... you can't even breathe the air from the pollutants and they dgaf.
Tesla lore, sponsored by Coca-cola!
Old 01-22-2020, 06:45 PM
Kobold

[QUOTE=Jubal;3072098]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Humans have existed for only a couple thousand years. /QUOTE]

It's incredible these troglodyte asshat contrarians can feel so smug and superior while sounding so goddamn stupid. They literally know nearly nothing about an incredibly studied topic and proceed to educate everyone else on it.
Either he forgot to add "hundred" between 'couple' and 'thousand' or he is one of yours trying to discredit the opposition. No one believes humans are 2000 years old, as the Bible has humans appearing many generations before the birth of Jesus. Also, no one who believes in the Biblical account of Creation thinks the rest of the earth was created 100s of millions of years before humans as Teppler states, they believe everything was created within a similar time span.

[QUOTE=Wonkie;3072108]In 1944, the top rate peaked at 94 percent on taxable income over $200,000 ($2.5 million in today’s dollars3). That’s a high tax rate.

QUOTE]

The mid 20th century tax rate isn't comparable to the current tax rate as they had a massive amount of exemptions back then; you don't honestly think the rich would ever allow themselves to be taxed at 90%+? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

made up example: tax rate is 90%, but they can exempt 50% of their income from it, so the effective rate is 45%.

I remember reading something that although tax rates have varied wildly, the amount as a % of GDP has remained fairly constant since 1940 when the amount skyrocketed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Takes quite a bit of arrogance to think you know more about climate change than NASA, the Pentagon and the energy companies themselves (who have known about climate change since at least the 80s--this is not speculation; there are internal documents that prove it).

I also enjoy the people saying "the earth has been going through warming and cooling periods before" as if none of the above-mentioned agencies have never thought of that. "We have the scientific and technical expertise to put a man on the moon but we didn't see that objection! Thank you, message-board climate denier!"

If your belief on an issue happens to be at odds with the vest majority of people, especially the people most informed on the topic, AND it happens to (conveniently) also be the same belief that asks you to do nothing, it may be time to scrutinize that belief.
Moron. You are wrong. I've already provided links showing that most scientists do not believe that humans are the main agent of climate change. I've yet to see anything but arrogance and ignorance from your side.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Either he forgot to add "hundred" between 'couple' and 'thousand' or he is one of yours trying to discredit the opposition. No one believes humans are 2000 years old, as the Bible has humans appearing many generations before the birth of Jesus.
Welcome to the Project 1999 community.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Global warming is largely bullshit and a scam. The earth goes through ebbs and flows climate wise that exist over thousands of years. There's been time periods where it's been regularly hotter than this. There's been ice ages. We really don't effect that much as humans. To prove my point I'll bring up the idea that in the 80's it was said within 25 years we will have faced major damage, significant land would be eroded, places would become inhospitable etc.... none of that is even close to happening and we are 15 years past that date. They keep pushing it back another 30-50 years so that boogie man is always just on the horizon.
The arguments about the “ebbs and flows” are ones the scientists themselves used to test their theories. The only reason you even know about that is because they TRY to disprove their own theories. It’s called the scientific method. They’ve taken into account these ebbs and flows, the periods of heating and cooling, and STILL come to the conclusion that the effects we’re seeing now are man-made.

As for scientists “not knowing what the temperature was like millions of years ago,” they’re called glacial ice surveys. Without going into an in-depth discussion on the breakdown of carbon isotopes, I’ll leave it at “yes, we do know,” as well as how much carbon/methane was in the atmosphere.
Closed Thread