Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 08:55 AM
Orc

Default Breeze not doing much....

Hi all,

Testing mana regen on L13 Druid. Full food n drink. Meditate maxed. No special gear on.

Sitting my mana regen is 2 per tick (for 2 ticks) then 1 on next tick. So 5 Mana every 18 seconds
Sitting with BREEZE on is 6 mana every 18 seconds (2 mana regen every tick).

Just thinking it's a royal pain for solo lowbie casters.

Seem to be spending 1 minute killing a mob then 8 minutes sitting doing nothing....

Should the 2 Mana Regen with breeze not stack with sitting mana regen?

Cheers,

- Ssethrass
Old 08-04-2021, 09:31 AM
Large Rat

At level 13 you should be getting 5 mana per tick while sitting, assuming the meditate skill is maxed for your level. Breeze adds 2 mana per tick. You should be getting 7 mana per tick while meditating with breeze.
Old 08-04-2021, 09:36 AM
Orc

Yeah, it's definately not stacking....I'll loadup a video later tonight showing what is happening with the two different scenarios.

Thanks.

Gah, Imma fookin idiot. I am looking at the mana bar % not the actual numbers ffs.....

So, sitting, I'm getting about 7 or 8 mana back per tick. With breeze and sitting I'm getting between 9 and 11 mana back per tick - when I'm looking at the physical mana numbers NOT the mana bar %.....

/retard mode disengaged!

- Ssethrass
Last edited by dragosanii; 08-04-2021 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: I'm a mong
Old 08-04-2021, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Patience, young adventurer.

Once you start charm killing animals your experience will become much more mana efficient.
Old 08-04-2021, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

The server tick is odd. Breeze adds 2/tick standing or sitting. It’s not great but was added sometime in Kunark. Before that it was Clarity or bust.

Hopefully the journey from breeze to clarity is quick. Enchanters have a bit of a ramp-up but sometime around 30 life gets really good.
Old 08-04-2021, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragosanii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seem to be spending 1 minute killing a mob then 8 minutes sitting doing nothing....
Dude I feel you! I want a high level wizard but mine is currently stuck at 18 because playing him at this level is suuuuch a drag!!

As others have said though, things WILL get better when you can charm.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Dude I feel you! I want a high level wizard but mine is currently stuck at 18 because playing him at this level is suuuuch a drag!!

Or for wizards when you can quad-kill. Wizards will have to piss their entire mana bar, or most of it, to kill one blue at higher levels, so quadding and killing 4 blues instead is a more efficient way to go. You will have to sit and med back to full and that takes 8+ minutes like you said. Everquest is a game that definitely benefits from having something on in the background for the downtime. YouTube, Netflix, a console game, etc
Old 08-11-2021, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragosanii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should the 2 Mana Regen with breeze not stack with sitting mana regen?
Actually document and test it.

If it doesn't Submit a bug report.

(I'm not discrediting you, i'm stating how you can fix it)
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-11-2021, 10:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wizard at 18 is great! You just need some sow pots and your lvl 16 quad spell and you can a absolutely crush (like 50% xp per hour). You just need to be comfortable with the concept of walking away. Stand up, fold laundry, walk your dog, etc. then come back when your timer says to. It’s really a totally different game and you can zoom to lvl 54 in a couple weeks that way.

PM if you want to know my lvling path.
Old 08-12-2021, 04:05 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually document and test it.

If it doesn't Submit a bug report.

(I'm not discrediting you, i'm stating how you can fix it)
Na that's cool Baler - I've already mentioned that I screwed up looking at % rather than actual mana. It's all working as intended, I'm just recalling the early years of EQ again and how difficult it is with lots of downtime is all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cheers,

- S/D
Closed Thread