Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2021, 04:28 PM
Kobold

i like how people say most hate luclin and dont want it then there is a forum post where 95% of the people want luclin... irony?
Old 08-21-2021, 05:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by putrid_plum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i like how people say most hate luclin and dont want it then there is a forum post where 95% of the people want luclin... irony?
The vast majority of the server would love Luclin. There's about 2 dozen salty sea dogs who shout very loudly into the void every time this topic comes up and there's a reason it comes up often.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:18 PM
Fire Giant

I wouldn't mind a Luclin server but I would prefer an original only server.

Or reset the server every 5 years, as it should be for any mmo. And not a progression server where its bam bam bam next expansion.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

My brother and I also both loved playing through Luclin! I actually came to this forum specifically today to see if there was any discussion about adding luclin.
Old 08-22-2021, 03:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The vast majority of the server would love Luclin. There's about 2 dozen salty sea dogs who shout very loudly into the void every time this topic comes up and there's a reason it comes up often.
Do you not understand what website you're on? The goal of P99 was to recreate pre-Luclin Everquest.

I'm not surprised people are bored, though, and think adding an expansion will suddenly make things better. It won't change the flawed game mechanics, the time waste, and the fact that the info is already out there and you're not doing anything new or interesting or skillful, only repeating tired old grinding. Things will only be worse, as instead of staring at carefully created pixels that were part of a well-considered world, you'll be staring at artistically defunct pixels.
Old 08-22-2021, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you not understand what website you're on? The goal of P99 was to recreate pre-Luclin Everquest.

I'm not surprised people are bored, though, and think adding an expansion will suddenly make things better. It won't change the flawed game mechanics, the time waste, and the fact that the info is already out there and you're not doing anything new or interesting or skillful, only repeating tired old grinding. Things will only be worse, as instead of staring at carefully created pixels that were part of a well-considered world, you'll be staring at artistically defunct pixels.
That's literally the same argument against releasing the Green server. It's hilarious you think that all the pixels created during classic-velious are from a well-considered world. Dev's had no idea what they were doing with classic & kunark loot and only barely figured it out in velious. Luclin is the first time you see loot that was fully balanced across all classes without any garbage stats like int on monk gear and the like.

Luclin is the culmination of the EQ dev team firing on all cylinders and you can tell by how well crafted and iconic the vast majority of the Luclin raids are, minus vex thal which is just them throwing up their hands and adding 10x hp to all the mobs to create the illusion of difficulty. Ssra Temple is easily one of the most iconic zones in the history of EQ.

Obviously we all understand that this project was meant to cap at velious. This thread and conversation is with that caveat in mind and we're discussing the merits of releasing Luclin.
Old 08-22-2021, 02:53 PM
Banned

I rather kill dragons than kill snakes and play with furries
Old 08-22-2021, 02:55 PM
Large Bat

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I rather kill dragons than kill snakes and play with furries
Old 08-22-2021, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin is the first time you see loot that was fully balanced across all classes
That's also when live EQ became boring.

The imbalance, the imperfection is the essence of classic EQ and that's the reason we're here.

Otherwise we'd play other, newer, "better balanced" (but desperately boring) MMOs.
Old 08-22-2021, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's also when live EQ became boring.

The imbalance, the imperfection is the essence of classic EQ and that's the reason we're here.

Otherwise we'd play other, newer, "better balanced" (but desperately boring) MMOs.
That might be the reason you're here but that's not why all people love classic eq. Some people play on p99 because back in the day it was the only game in town and it's basically the only real emu server that doesn't allow boxing. If there was a luclin or pop server that was single box like p99 and had a decent population I would be there in a heartbeat and leave this dystopian hellscape behind forever.

Tuna no one would force you to kill snakes or interact with vah shir. Although Kunark lore is absolutely filled with the Shissar. There are a lot of misses with Luclin, it's by no means a perfect expansion, but it's also a LOT better than the nay sayers give it credit for.

EQ live became bad and boring with the release of Gates of Discord. Luclin and Pop are the pinnacle of EQ.
Closed Thread