Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
consider blue
mental illness
Old 08-25-2021, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
consider blue
I've been playing on both recently with both level 50+ characters and also lower level alts and I have found the experience to be virtually the same on both servers at this point
Old 08-25-2021, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been playing on both recently with both level 50+ characters and also lower level alts and I have found the experience to be virtually the same on both servers at this point
no point on playing blue unless your just farming DKP for vulak or a plat farmer like me
Old 08-25-2021, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no point on playing blue unless your just farming DKP for vulak or a plat farmer like me
I mean, not really. I've been enjoying going back to level my Monk and other alts that I hadn't played in awhile. Like I said, the experience on both servers is now essentially the same as they are relatively the same population, lots of twinks, etc.

You could also argue there's no point in playing on Green anymore now that the experience is the same and the servers are merging in like 12-16 months.
Old 08-25-2021, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, not really.
I think "fun" might be a forgotten concept to some folks. P99 Blue and Green are more alike than different at this stage of their respective lives, and that line will only ever more closely converge over time. Biggest reason I see to prefer one over the other at this stage amounts to social considerations and where a person's friends are at.

Danth
Old 08-25-2021, 03:01 PM
Banned

I doubt they are merging

green is more "classic" than blue

when it merges, we just gonna remove pet windows and custom uis?

boy, will that cause a riot
Old 08-25-2021, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think "fun" might be a forgotten concept to some folks.
It totally is. A lot of us forgot the fun of crawling something like Runnyeye or even Blackburrow when you are of a relevant level with no twinking, and actually getting out alive.

That's the classic EQ's holy grail - not having X million platinum on your EC mule, which doesn't change anything very much.
Old 08-25-2021, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt they are merging

green is more "classic" than blue

when it merges, we just gonna remove pet windows and custom uis?

boy, will that cause a riot
They're not removing anything on Blue. It will just be a repository where your characters will be stored in case you want to play them still. Then they launch a new fresh green 2.0 that runs through the same timeline.

Staff already said this.
Old 08-25-2021, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

I am from Teal. I have endured our worlds merging and I will endure it again. The P99 gods here have essentially not missed a beat on any of their release dates and they will likely merge green 1 into blue as they already proclaimed they would and it will work just like all the successful seasonal merge games that do the same. The open/off ladder servers are meant to have goofy economies, and the new green will be born again and we will fight our asses off again. I think green will get better each time where we really try to break classic rules over our knees better and better.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:40 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think "fun" might be a forgotten concept to some folks. P99 Blue and Green are more alike than different at this stage of their respective lives, and that line will only ever more closely converge over time. Biggest reason I see to prefer one over the other at this stage amounts to social considerations and where a person's friends are at.

Danth
Green has maybe 20% more players than Blue, and I created several characters there. That said, I've mostly gone back to playing Blue. At the end of the day, the convenience of TAB targeting and 10 hotkeys matter more to me than "Classic purity".
Closed Thread