Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure thing.. you can find it here LINK. See the readme.txt inside for more information. (I also added a link to the first post in this thread).

Also FYI, as far as "unknown exe's" go, you can always right click on one and do a virus scan on it. Virus Scans can usually see inside the exe and will let you know if there is anything malicious inside.

Enjoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks much, this UI is certainly a great alternative to the P99 Velious skin (which is also great)!

Of course you're right, I could have run a scan on the files or just have them executed on a VM. It's not mistrust in you or anybody else, but rather a "general, healthy mistrust". [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm working in the IT sector and always try to execute only those files which I really, really must.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Aviak

Anyone have any idea why EQ lags for me when I use this UI? It's not really a bad lag or anything... it just randomly "skips". I really like this UI, but I'm playing a bard and I can't kite at all with random skips [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Hmm is that a problem with the UI? I've been using it from almost the beginning and have been getting that occasional skipping. It's mostly players that skip around (or "ghost").
Old 11-07-2011, 12:30 AM
Fire Giant

Strange, I have no issues.

How are you running the game? Are you using the CPU fix shortcut? or are you using the EQemu launcher? or a shortcut you made?

What processor do you have? AMD or Intel? and how many cores?
Old 11-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Sarnak

does this include the latest p199 patch as of 11/9/11?
Old 11-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by knottyb0y [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
does this include the latest p199 patch as of 11/9/11?
It includes EqEmu, which automatically patches it up to the current version. So short answer. Yes.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Strange, I have no issues.

How are you running the game? Are you using the CPU fix shortcut? or are you using the EQemu launcher? or a shortcut you made?

What processor do you have? AMD or Intel? and how many cores?
It's only players that do this. They just don't run and turn as smooth as NPCs, as if the server can't properly update my client. If a player runs and turns a lot, he will nearly warp around. It's not as bad as having a bad framerate but it's noticeable.

I only use the EQemu launcher.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's only players that do this. They just don't run and turn as smooth as NPCs, as if the server can't properly update my client. If a player runs and turns a lot, he will nearly warp around. It's not as bad as having a bad framerate but it's noticeable.

I only use the EQemu launcher.
i have this issue too but ive never used the duxa's installer. it looks like people i am following start running to the left or right but then appear back straight
Gakruk - Troll Shaman
Old 11-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Fire Giant

I may be wrong on this.. but i believe the little skipping here and there is normal behavior for EQ. I even remember it happening back in the day on sony servers. I think it has to do with people instead of running straight fiddling with left and right buttons as they run and the server cant update fast enough because it probably checks for location every second or something instead of a 30 or 60 times a second...

so I dont think its an issue with the installer or anything.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldaran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i have this issue too but ive never used the duxa's installer. it looks like people i am following start running to the left or right but then appear back straight
Quote:
I may be wrong on this.. but i believe the little skipping here and there is normal behavior for EQ. I even remember it happening back in the day on sony servers. I think it has to do with people instead of running straight fiddling with left and right buttons as they run and the server cant update fast enough because it probably checks for location every second or something instead of a 30 or 60 times a second...

so I dont think its an issue with the installer or anything.
It's been too long for me to remember, but you might be right. I hope you are.

It's a minor version of the skipping that boats do. For me the new boat skips like I have a terrible framerate, when I'm watching it not when I'm on it. Players often do the same thing only a lot less exaggerated.

It's why I'm not too keen on playing on red99. I'm gonna try it but I think the skipping around will be too annoying for me.