Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: When should server be released?
November 4th 91 59.48%
November 18th 52 33.99%
Other 10 6.54%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 09:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
promote first, release later
Anyone who would be remotely interested in playing on this server already know about it.

The only "promotion" is really just Pep Rallys for us and those who already lurk around here waiting.

Besides nothing attracts a crowd like a crowd, let the real promotion be when they hear 500+ logged in playing Red. Hearing 30 people on the beta won't be attracting anyone new.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Kobold

We all know about red99 it's been In beta awhile 10 + old game ain't going to catch much more attention. 36 people in beta because it was too long to begin with. 11/11 Skyrm releases best to get people hooked here first.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who would be remotely interested in playing on this server already know about it.
I highly doubt that. The whole P99 community knows about it and most players from other custom servers know about it. But there are certainly many more who might be interested in playing on P99 Red, Blue, whatever. The devs are going the right way with their production of Youtube vids. And we can cross-post in other communities - don't underestimate how many people you may attract with a single thread! Server pop is essential for our long-term fun.

I'm a good example myself: I had been looking for a classic EQ experience for a very long time, and I had followed the EQClassic project. Still I only found out about P99 8 long months after initial release.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Banned

why not just push it to january im already forseeing a december release

and so much hype is gone i dont even care anymore honestly , many have abandoned this

so far theres been about 1 day worth of updates on the server and what a month + of beta?

the server has had like 3 things fixed yay , lets just push it back to advertise more when we lose people every day its not out

just roll the fucking server tomorrow and stop pretending you are fixing all this awesome shit , you arent
Old 10-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and so much hype is gone i dont even care anymore honestly , many have abandoned this
yea, shiploads [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] like our life depends soley on red99... bet lots of ppl suicided irl already!
Old 10-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimixownzall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do think the melee needs to be tested more. The miss rate in pvp seems to be way too low. My fully buffed shaman has over 120 agi and dex (not sure if dex has anything to do with missing in null's system) and an SK missed me only 4 times an entire fight. He seemed to hit for max or the upper end of max damage a lot too when I had almost 600ac, though I'm not sure how much that should mitigate.
If he hits u from back ur dodge skill doesnt help which mean 95 percent time they hit a good jouster will hit in back
Old 10-30-2011, 11:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwriter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If he hits u from back ur dodge skill doesnt help which mean 95 percent time they hit a good jouster will hit in back
95% hit rate? I thought this wasn't going to be a TZVZ rehash. 95% hit rate isn't live PVP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:34 AM
Sarnak

great post sprinkles, way to back up your fucking moronic claims. people like you are the reason the server will get pushed back more and more. you obviously care a lot still because you keep crying about the server getting moved back.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

4th for the winning dogs, the sooner the better, i think balancing will have to be done as we are playing the game, exactly like they did on live, you can't cover everything with a beta anyway.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Sarnak

can't have a character named after celebrities, against server name policy rules Bkab