Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

guards always assisted, it was pretty exploitable too. you could max your faction out in rivervale as a troll relatively easy and gank halflings inside rivervale with assistance from the guards.

a lot of people are talking about faction hits from killing players, afaik this was only ever on sullon zek and it shouldn't be here.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Fire Giant

Faction hits for killing PCs was definately on tallon. I remember completely destroying my kelethin faction by murdering elves in gfay, but that was on team PvP.

I think unless the guards are dubious to you, they should aid you. Guards standing around watching someone get murdered in the street sounds retarded, faction or no.

Landazar [50 Magician]
Old 11-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
guards always assisted, it was pretty exploitable too. you could max your faction out in rivervale as a troll relatively easy and gank halflings inside rivervale with assistance from the guards.

a lot of people are talking about faction hits from killing players, afaik this was only ever on sullon zek and it shouldn't be here.
I'm pretty sure faction hits when killing someone in their starting city is classic...
Old 11-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

grow a fucking spine. this is literally a non issue.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRAY [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure faction hits when killing someone in their starting city is classic...
It wasn't on rallos.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NPC's assisting or not assisting is about more then just pure pvp. It makes the world feel more alive, and brings more consequence to your characters actions. Makes diety choice more meaningful (faction boosts/penalties), and gives the player one more way to "customize" his character (always a good thing) by putting in the WORK to improve his faction with a certain set of NPCs.

Guilds can also coordinate their faction efforts to become the "heros of <insert city here>" and have a strong/safe base to operate from.
This much of your post is dead on.

Immersion and depth; these are the things that EverQuest has over every other game in the known universe, and it's the reason why we are still playing it today. Without them, you just have a very old, grindy, themepark treadmill of a game.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously, it's not that big a deal. I died after a very harrowing run to guards. I just made it and that's when I found out no assist.

I learned after that. I don't run to guards and die now. Its not been such a big deal.
You get along with it and I get along with it, too. But that's not the point. I'm pretty sure that many players become frustrated with the guards not assisting at all. Would be a pity if the population dropped just because people are ganked at the banker or guild masters.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Fire Giant

guards should assist, but i mean we can survive...any word from dev's stand point on when to expect it? either way...having fun.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Sarnak

this is so funny. i was cryin about this shit before the server released, gettin flamed left and right. now that the server is live, everyone else is crying about. and i 100% gaurantee that the server will keep dropping in population. not all of us are hardcore or whatever, with piss bottles and a mini fridge right next to you. would be nice to chill by a guard instead of going through the whole loading process allover again.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:32 PM
Banned

Killing someone inside a city should take talent, be rare, and have consequences if you fuck it up. I just started and am only level 4 with some limited and odd playing times so honestly I haven't even seen this yet, but if noobs are just sitting around banks nuking people with no risk the system is stupid and broken, not hardcore.
Closed Thread