Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whole lot of talk about exploiting redwood wands
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=k0hObkoimmk

Suspensions confirmed?

Honestly, chill the fuck out and show a little respect. Hate to white knight it for the devs, but I feel strongly on this one bros. I'm grateful some turbo speed monk can't find me in 20 seconds after zone in on the ocean floor in the middle of nowhere with 500 skill in double attack/dual wield.
Last edited by Nirgon; 11-29-2011 at 01:13 PM..
Old 11-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Banned

More exploiting and cheating on red, hardly surprised.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cool so masterkova exploits from level 15-28 by abusing a wand exploit that gets removed as a result and instant spawning a quest mob. big things.
is as big as they get bro.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Kobold

Holy shit. Buncha clowns in this forum.

It's simple really-- if people want to cheat THEMSELVES of the classic experience, by all means bro, do you.. I think suspensions, etc should be applied to the people who leveled this way. I'm sure there were plenty things that happened on Live like this and they never server wiped and punished the entire population, they applied suspensions/bans, etc

If P1999 doesn't have the staff or want to put forth the effort into finding these clowns then that obviously hurts the legitness of this box..

But cmon people who are we kidding, it's a 12 year old game, if people want to go out of their way to cheat on a 12 year old emu server to have a bigger e-peen on these forums or for some reason think its cool to be the first 50 or what not, then let them be..

They're going to be sitting around doing nothing waiting for people who didn't cheat or hack to level anyway, cept those that didn't then cheat themselves of the experience of classic EQ, which is really what this should all be about.
Last edited by inimegalg; 11-29-2011 at 01:51 PM..
Old 11-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

But... I thought PVP solved all the crying over pixels?! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 11-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Aviak

Pathetic...

Don't think a wipe would be appropriate. Just ban all the offenders and give them a fresh start from level 1 please!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Banned

No, I don't think that makes sense either nor would a roll back of ALL xp gained in this manner. A partial amount/compromise of the exploited xp would be fair.

Really though, it was one or two people, casters at that. I just wouldn't set the precedent (hint: people take notice to this) that you can milk an exploit until its fixed and not receive, let alone expect, any kind of repercussion (roll back wise) for doing so.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd also say to not softball ban the people who were abusing this.

Kick them off the fucking server, permanently. Delete their shit + IP ban it.

This is a situation where anyone doing this knew that they were exploiting. No playing dumb.
This is what I am waiting for before I even start on this server.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I don't think that makes sense either nor would a roll back of ALL xp gained in this manner. A partial amount/compromise of the exploited xp would be fair.
The server rules clearly state that you're not allowed to exploit bugs. OBVIOUS bugs. Why should they only lose a partial amount of the cheated exp?

Light punishment will only give an incentive to exploit/cheat more.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread