Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 06:41 AM
Sarnak

Default I <3 Scout Roll

No trolling, I'm totally being earnest. And I say this as a perpetual Scout Roll loser:

I love that Scout Roll exists. In my experience every roll has been good-natured, even jolly, and is a shining beacon of positive collaboration between players of all guilds and experience levels. I've even seen a few rolls where confusion comes up and things get a bit salty, but it's always resolved in a mature way. I love the camaraderie, I love how everyone pitches in -- I've never once seen a roll where nobody steps up to pull/kite -- and I love how everyone genuinely congratulates the winner.

So what if there are sometimes lots of people? So what if every now and then (rarely, imo) a lower-level toon is among the rollers? If they have the faction and they have the Scout Tools, let them go for it. I wouldn't once define any of the rolls I've attended as a clusterfuck, everyone seems to know the drill and get it done. It's great; I've never experienced a cooperative group activity like that in EQ that wasn't either highly regulated by guild officers (ToV contesting, for example) or salty in some way (groups competing for mobs in dungeons, for example).

That is all. Just one Ogre's opinion. I'll see you out there in WW -- hopefully not too many more times!!
Old 10-22-2018, 07:42 AM
Planar Protector

Scout rolls? Sounds like something good to eat! It food?
Old 10-22-2018, 07:54 AM
Sarnak

It's all the server has for coming together since Wakening Lands COV faction farming was nerfed.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's all the server has for coming together since Wakening Lands COV faction farming was nerfed.
People still come together for that and honestly its not too bad. Takes a lot longer of course but thats just extra time to bond and meet new people.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:04 AM
Sarnak

WL is really not worth the time anymore. You could spend all day out there and get like one faction level. Doing Kael quest mobs is at least 10x faster. I suppose not too many people are Kael factioned to pull, but given how popular WL was, it's a little surprising you don't see more COV farm groups
Old 10-22-2018, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WL is really not worth the time anymore. You could spend all day out there and get like one faction level. Doing Kael quest mobs is at least 10x faster. I suppose not too many people are Kael factioned to pull, but given how popular WL was, it's a little surprising you don't see more COV farm groups
I think people have wised up to faster ways of factioning -- what you DO see now is an entire cluster of people hovering around Statue/AoW kills, sometimes enough to outnumber the actual raid party. And plenty will show up to tag Vindi, too.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think people have wised up to faster ways of factioning -- what you DO see now is an entire cluster of people hovering around Statue/AoW kills, sometimes enough to outnumber the actual raid party. And plenty will show up to tag Vindi, too.
Wait days on Statue spawn and hope AoW doesn't get wasted for +1000 faction. Or spend a few hours on quest npcs and get [guaranteed] 2-3x as much. Wouldn't call Statue/AoW faster. Definitely lazier though, the p99 meta.

Unfortunately, pullers run the chance of being petitioned by some rando for "training" the zone and being summarily suspended out of the blue. So good luck finding a good samaritan to pull these mobs; no good deed and all that.
Last edited by Jan Jensen; 10-22-2018 at 11:24 AM..
Old 10-22-2018, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

I think AoW is only +500
One quest mob cycle is +300 (27 min cycle)
IMO quest mobs beat AoW

Anyways back on topic, the fewer people that faction COV I guess the less competition at Scout :P
Old 10-22-2018, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Poll : change scout roll ??

1. Over 55 ONLY (senior citizens)
2. Best outta three
3. What book ???
4. Rap battles determine winner
5. Determined via pvp combat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread