Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 12:12 PM
Large Rat

Default New player: can't login

Hello, so I'm a new 99 player but old EQ player. I followed all the instructions on the guide and made sure to launch from "Launch Titanium" and not the EQ launcher.

I didn't update it, I've added/deleted all the files that are needed and when I launch EQ, via Launch Titanium, I get the eq 99 welcome message.

The problem comes when I try to log in, I put in my user name, Sevas, and my password but it tells me the password is wrong. I did just have to change my password, if there's some sort of delay. The message I get is "db error - invalid password". Should it be asking for my "Station Name and Password"?

Are there other steps required? Years ago my buddy set this up for me on another PC and I remember him editing some info in one of the files to make it launch. Don't remember why or if it mattered.

I apologize if this has been asked a hundred times, I tried searching the forums but I didn't seem to find the right word combination.
Last edited by Sevas; 08-22-2019 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: update info
Old 08-22-2019, 01:31 PM
Skeleton

Sounds like you may be using the wrong account to log in:

Quote:
There are two distinct accounts that must be created before you can log into the game. The first is a forum account. A forum account alone can not be used to log into the game, but can be used to manage any number of Loginserver accounts which will let you log in and play.

This entire process can be completed by following the Account Setup / Play Guide.
i.e. There is a forum account and a loginserver account. Both need to be created separately, which you can do by following the link in the quote. The key part is step 4.

I introduced a friend to P99 who had a similar problem. They used the same name for both accounts, but forgot that they used different passwords for each. So make sure you're using the correct loginserver credentials when trying to connect to the game

Also, I've fixed some weird log in issues in the past just by using WinEQ2 (download).
Last edited by s71ck; 08-22-2019 at 01:52 PM..
Old 08-22-2019, 01:58 PM
Large Rat

Yeah that did it. Thanks bud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread