Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 09:23 PM
Sarnak

Default Green 99 Moneymaking musings.

Everyone says the big camps are going to be locked down. While i definitely think getting a Guise wont be that hard since they will eventually be rotting (and you can't sell it anyway), the other stuff that everyone talks about like Manastone and whatever is probably something I'll never see.

So my thoughts have turned to other forms of moneymaking and I realized that most of the stuff I think about doing aren't possible until much later in the timeline, like farming Goblin Gauzughi ring and stuff. So I'm like "Oh I'll go shaman and just farm everything" except Torpor wont exist for ages either.

Hmmmmmm.

What is good for the Classic era? Necro or Magician maybe?
Old 08-22-2019, 11:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While i definitely think getting a Guise wont be that hard since they will eventually be rotting (and you can't sell it anyway), the other stuff that everyone talks about like Manastone and whatever is probably something I'll never see.
There will most likely be people camping guise 24/7 still for every single alt they might ever make.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pindrought [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There will most likely be people camping guise 24/7 still for every single alt they might ever make.
This is why green will not be fun 😒
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-22-2019, 11:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pindrought [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm with Loramin. I think the staff will implement some kind of rule change that will prevent 'locking down' of camps and just and endless cycle of them passing it to their friends.

I definitely think people will be getting guises.

BUT, even if that's true and NOBODY except the 0.1% elite super neckbeard farm squad gets access to Guise or Manastone or whatever, I don't care.

I'm playing Green for a fresh economy and to experience an era that I never got to see.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm with Loramin. I think the staff will implement some kind of rule change that will prevent 'locking down' of camps and just and endless cycle of them passing it to their friends.
I hope the staff encourage fair play for guise, but I don't expect it or require it. I just want a fresh EQ classic server.

Anyway, under the presumption that any solid static camp is going to be poopsocked and you don't want to deal with that you're not left with much choice. Things like bone chips, HQ bear pelts and lightstones will be some of the better ways to make money unless you're logging on at 3 am to find a camp. As for what you should play.. well, if you want to play the game for a fresh server I don't see why you'd make a character dedicated to farming as your first, but if you aren't intending to poopsock Lguk then necro will be inferior to mage. Especially due to them needing to raise their research to get lich/pets on 3 separate occasions I believe, most irritatingly for their 49 spells which are primarily off of raid targets.

Mages however require extremely little gear and can purchase pretty much anything they need from vendors. The downside being that they are less fun to play than drinking bleach and that you'll never get your epic which is far more important than all the other epics, so they are kind of a waste to bother with unless you're some uberguild officer.

I don't see any reason to believe enchanters won't be OPAF as usual. There's several great CHA items in classic, a few solid HP items for sustain and they can do a few valuable quests such as the Stein of Moggok which is pretty damn amazing in classic. On top of that people will actually want you for groups. I mean.. once you get clarity. At 29. Until then lube up and try to relax.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

HGs and Seafurries will always be a good cash camp. High Keep And Paineel guards good too for lower levels. Sol a and sol b for the ore is nice too.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:56 AM
Sarnak

Trying to think of what class to make in all honesty. Mage sounds terrible without epic, enchanter never really was my thing but I will think more on it. Shaman I’ve only associated with Torpor in my mind so no idea how that would perform without it.

My gut reaction is to make a Monk as it’s what I’m most familiar with. But without being able to be a lizard I’m not sure if I want to because I love being evil and heated everywhere on the lizard monk it just add something to the challenge and depth of the world so I feel like I would roll one when the expansion came out . That leaves a couple other characters that don’t spring to mind as powerhouses but sounds fun like Ranger or druid or rogue because I have zero desire to play wizard cleric or paladin.

So yeah I feel like maybe if I take away that the best choices for farming would be either Monk or rogue or possibly shadow knight which also gets fein death.

Please excuse any poor typing mistakes I’m on my phone
Old 08-23-2019, 01:29 AM
Planar Protector

Id bet a necro is a good way to go for plat, Im not sure there really is any better way to make plat pre kunark, beyond actually relentlessly farming plat. I suppose if you were spitting out mithral 2h swords like a factory that could net you some money.

GBS is a good farm for classic to make monies but I still think just rolling a necro and farming hill giants for the most part is the best way to go? Anyone disagree? Im just guessing.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:34 AM
Fire Giant

When Charasis first dropped on Blue there was a (GM Enforced IIRC) line in LOIO to kill the Dizok guy for the spear to get your key.
Kind of like people lining up to kill cyclops for jboots in oot.

That was a solo mob, not a camp, but I wonder if they might do something like that for the perma locked down camps in Guk.
Who knows. I'm going Gnome Rogue (main on P99 is Barb Rogue). I'm expecting it to suck till Kunark. But it should be fun at the same time.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by username17 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When Charasis first dropped on Blue there was a (GM Enforced IIRC) line in LOIO to kill the Dizok guy for the spear to get your key.
Kind of like people lining up to kill cyclops for jboots in oot.

That was a solo mob, not a camp, but I wonder if they might do something like that for the perma locked down camps in Guk.
Who knows. I'm going Gnome Rogue (main on P99 is Barb Rogue). I'm expecting it to suck till Kunark. But it should be fun at the same time.
This was definitely how we did Jboots in Njina on my server on live. Only it was player organized as far as I knew. It took me exactly 25 hours from start to finish to get my boots and it was the first time I had ever done anything like that. And here I am all these years later doing it like a million times again.

Stupid ass creatures, humans are.
Closed Thread