Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 06:04 AM
Aviak

Question Any chance at a 10/28 live release (weekend of Halloween?)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2011, 06:18 AM
Aviak

It's done when it's done.

My feeling says: No. There are still many issues to fix, just to mention three major topics: Resist system, guard protection in cities, dynamic level range for PvP. Those will certainly require a lot of work. Of course it's possible that the devs already have made improvements, but haven't updated the server yet.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:49 AM
Banned

some ppl were saying the 28th but they maybe hyping it up or i havn't read some tech notes.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Banned

People are hyping a 28th release date because at one point Rogean was asking / hinting about it on the forums, he has since edited that post.

Too many bugs. + I think server needs to be reverted / set to its release state and given a few days just to make sure it doesnt go haywire with content being changed.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Banned

Get resists right before launch. What lands and doesn't land on a gearless person isn't a good measure. It's a good start. You need to thoroughly test resists and melee hit/dmg before this thing gets the live stamp of approval. It is better to wait than change all this shit half way through.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get resists right before launch. What lands and doesn't land on a gearless person isn't a good measure. It's a good start. You need to thoroughly test resists and melee hit/dmg before this thing gets the live stamp of approval. It is better to wait than change all this shit half way through.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Who the fuck wants to sit in on Halloween weekend and play EQ, please don't release this till after.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...And for this to happen, people to need to keep playing, and actually work with each other. Level up a box combo and fight yourself, see what happens, post your observation. Anyone who is high enough should ask in ooc if there's anyone of equal level who wants to 1v1 for beta purposes. This beta isn't about confirming rare spawns, it's about how the pvp system works.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Kobold

don't wipe my pixels
#1 pal of the year
King Smedy
Old 10-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

rogean said and i quote "nov 4" then not too sure about this one but he said something like "oops was that my out loud voice"
Closed Thread