Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Orc

On that note, maybe we should remove the Pyzjn script and just have her with a small spawn % chance like live. Obviously the current script (assuming it's working) is absurdly difficult and unreasonable.

Just my opinion though...
Old 11-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Kobold

Wait until someone cracks Pyzjn and then blabs all the details indiscriminately turning her into just another stupid loot camp, then we can decide if it's unreasonable.

I know the perfect way to determine if it's unreasonable once it's cracked too:

Compare her spawn to Stormfeather's!

*shudder* I hate saying that name. God damn snow-chicken.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Banned

a) Back in classic I was super casual and saw the GBS as a way to make some mega money at a low level. I camped her a lot on a mid 20s enchanter, and when I read that dev post a year ago or so, I remember thinking that it sounded perfectly right.

b) The way to get Quillmane to spawn was simple, but required a tracker OR a lot of fire power. Quillmane and her PHs were the only mobs in SK that had an extremely short respawn timer (around 18 seconds?) so say you were to kill everything in SK, Quillmane or her PH would be the only thing respawned for a few minutes. Once you found the spawn that was on the super short respawn, you found Quillmane, and you could effectively farm her.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Orc

Actually she's setup to be a 78 second respawn just like a few other named cycles like Grizzle. Most wandering trash are 36 seconds, while aviaks are 2-3 minutes. So, when you do find a 78 second repop and track it, you're on a named cycle.

However, that's clearly not the case as that's what I've been doing. I've since tried breaking Angelox's script here. I figured that since only 2 calves and a lioness path through paw besides a werewolf and Brother Qwinn, I may have something. Several hours later and no Quillmane spawns, I've given up.

Maybe I'll try spawning her again when someone actually sees her on this server.
Closed Thread