Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 02:26 AM
Aviak

Anyway, loot aside, it is fun crawling NToV and killing Gods, giants and dragons, so I'd guess most Aegis members are probably enjoying it.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:58 AM
Aviak

Damn, AM using Aegis like a dirty whore. How does it feel Aegis? To be used and thrown away like that? Toxic start to an "alliance". Grats on being chopped liver.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyway, loot aside, it is fun crawling NToV and killing Gods, giants and dragons, so I'd guess most Aegis members are probably enjoying it.
Hahahaha that explains it all![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

AM are famous for its socking in ToV, with Aegis they can use them to clear the trash. Man thats so smart by AM!

Its not like the loot conveyor at zone in like they were used too pre rooted dragons, but alot better!
Now they can play p99 BBQ style still!
Old 08-20-2019, 08:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On their 56k modem with frequent LD and ping issues, missing pathing nodes, warping mobs, getting stuck on geometry, and faster than sow mobs?

Spoken like someone who didn't play on live in era.

Best lol in years.
I said possible, not easy.

Spoken like someone without reading comprehension.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On their 56k modem with frequent LD and ping issues, missing pathing nodes, warping mobs, getting stuck on geometry, and faster than sow mobs?

Spoken like someone who didn't play on live in era.

Best lol in years.
Quote:
When did DSL Internet start?
It was bout 1999 before early adopters started using it, and the following year it reached 4% penetration. I guess "popular" was probably 2002/3 when usage grew fast: Note: This is specifically "broadband" - if you mean "internet" then dial up (V34 28kbps) went mainstream around 1994/95.1
If i had that in Brazil, 128k or 256k broadband, i bet wasnt a problem in North America, and the stability wasnt perfect, but rare was the trauma i had from LD or LD from trains, in fact i remember GMs stressing the zone to check if it would crash in case whole zone was trained/pulled at the same time to zone in.

Also if we simulate a 56k connection, and do a zone pull of those mobs without LDing, will they lift that leash? Or Rooted Dragons? Or AoE limit?(that one isnt bad since zone disruption and RMT went bad, althought should be limited by zone) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-20-2019, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Did any guilds get suspended or broken up for exploiting Zlandicar’s pathing and pulling him out of his lair to the top side unclassically?

Because that’s something that sounds like it should warrant a 2-3 week suspension at least.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:31 AM
Orc

I remember we worked a few times with PS/Core vs the AM zerg... now (some) Riot folks are slinging shit the same way AM did during that period. Take a look at the bigger picture fellas and try to keep your noses clean.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did any guilds get suspended or broken up for exploiting Zlandicar’s pathing and pulling him out of his lair to the top side unclassically?

Because that’s something that sounds like it should warrant a 2-3 week suspension at least.
What? Nobody exploited his pathing.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

You vastly overestimate North American broadband and telecomm infrastructure. There were still many many many people on dial up in the early '00's and even on a 56k modem most weren't getting 56k speeds on their crappy antiquated phone lines.
Old 08-20-2019, 12:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If i had that in Brazil, 128k or 256k broadband, i bet wasnt a problem in North America, and the stability wasnt perfect, but rare was the trauma i had from LD or LD from trains, in fact i remember GMs stressing the zone to check if it would crash in case whole zone was trained/pulled at the same time to zone in.

Also if we simulate a 56k connection, and do a zone pull of those mobs without LDing, will they lift that leash? Or Rooted Dragons? Or AoE limit?(that one isnt bad since zone disruption and RMT went bad, althought should be limited by zone) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you look at the graph below the line you posted, it shows that dial-up internet surpassed broadband up until 2009. At that point, broadband users and dial-up were almost equal, but still favoring dial-up.

You can try and do a zone pull but probably much different even now. Server hardware has been upgraded, things are still better. My memory of ToV back in the day was around 100+ people in the zone and it was frame by frame.
Closed Thread