Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 12:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you're putting in enough EQ time to care about 2% haste differences, you may as well raid just long enough to get a 41% haste item
I don't really have the time to put into raiding at the moment. So I kinda just mess

around solo. On green, I raid super casually. I don't even have a max main yet hah
Old 09-30-2021, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I can top that. Mathematically, trying to get more than 50% haste isn't a very good use of your time/money anyway. Let's take a look at probably the best high delay weapon out there players will equip, Tantor's Tusk (50/60).

At 50% Haste, your delay is reduced to 40, which is already 66.67% of the possible delay reduction you can get. At 75% Haste, your delay becomes 34, so you have only gained an additional 6 delay for 25% Haste.

Haste has diminishing returns, and it only gets worse with faster delay weapons. So realistically trying to get a super high haste value isn't a great use of your time/money anyway, unless you really want to parse as high as humanly possible. To cut Wurmslayer's delay by 10 (half of the possible reduction), you only need 34% Haste, which a Seahorse Belt would cover completely. 31% would get you to 30.5, but I think it would round up to 31 at that point.
I think it's clearer to think about dps increases than delays, because the faster you're already swinging the more impactful a drop in delay. If you're doing ~20 dps, then 50% haste brings you up to ~30dps and 100% up to ~40dps.

So it is diminishing returns in the sense that going from 50 to 100% only buys you 33% more damage. But 0-50 and 50-100 buy you the same absolute dps increase (10 per in this example), so in that sense it's not diminishing.

(This ignores server rounding of delays; I don't know how that works. It could make haste gains chunky.)
Old 09-30-2021, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's clearer to think about dps increases than delays, because the faster you're already swinging the more impactful a drop in delay. If you're doing ~20 dps, then 50% haste brings you up to ~30dps and 100% up to ~40dps.

So it is diminishing returns in the sense that going from 50 to 100% only buys you 33% more damage. But 0-50 and 50-100 buy you the same absolute dps increase (10 per in this example), so in that sense it's not diminishing.

(This ignores server rounding of delays; I don't know how that works. It could make haste gains chunky.)
What I meant by this was it is not easy for a lot of classes to get to 100% (at least solo). Of course if you can get 100% easily for yourself, that is fine. I never said to not aim for it[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But a lot of people are not going to be able to get to 100% with any ease, so the first aim of any character should be reducing delay by half, which only requires 34% haste for most weapons.

After that, it really depends on your class for how easy it is to increase your haste. On a Shadowknight, your best solo haste is basically 61% (41% haste belt + 20% from Eyepatch of plunder), unless you are using https://wiki.project1999.com/Ashenwood_Short_Spear , but that gets used up pretty quickly, and it is lore, so recharging is a pain.

To get 34% haste, it costs roughly 30k. To get 61% haste, it requires 100k + or a good amount of raid time and Stormfeather camping time. Even though you have basically doubled your haste, you are only getting half of the returns from the additional haste, at triple the cost (or more).

For Monks they can easily get 80%+ with their epic.

For Rangers they can get Sky Cloak, but similar to the Shadowknight example above, that is not an easy get these days, due to high demand.

EDIT: The reason why you think about it in terms of delay instead of DPS is because DPS has other dependencies besides weapon delay that are not affected by haste, such as main hand damage bonus, skill levels, damage tables, were you in range when your swing went off, etc. Remember, one downside of swinging faster is you are more likely to not swing at all if the target goes out of range.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-30-2021 at 02:04 PM..
Old 09-30-2021, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That’s silly. I can get the pp for a 36% in < 1% of the raid time to get 41%
I mean, I'm not talking about BiS haste (doze tears, vulak, Yeli head).

Plenty of 41% items that aren't BiS you can pick up pretty cheap on blue.
Old 09-30-2021, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Yeli head was only like 500 in AM , can’t be that expensive anymore . That’s like a month raiding casually . Best bang for ya buck twink haste minus monk.
Old 09-30-2021, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeli head was only like 500 in AM , can’t be that expensive anymore . That’s like a month raiding casually . Best bang for ya buck twink haste minus monk.
Yup, I bought one for 500ish in AM. Amazing gloves. Depends on the guild and demand though, in AM it was going up in price when I bought it for 500.
Old 09-30-2021, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup, I bought one for 500ish in AM. Amazing gloves. Depends on the guild and demand though, in AM it was going up in price when I bought it for 500.
Pretty sure my pallys was like 550ish and that was near the end of AM timeline.

-Ramen
Old 09-30-2021, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure my pallys was like 550ish and that was near the end of AM timeline.

-Ramen
Yeah I thought I saw one go for 600ish soon after I got mine. But that might have been a one off, it has been a while.
Old 09-30-2021, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Point being can’t be that much more , one month for an item you won’t replace and takes care of haste and lvl 5 usable. No brainer. The shroud of dar brood you got is great too if ya super cheap.
Old 09-30-2021, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Besides a few sky belt MQ's on blue that are decently affordable (pally is like 30-50k or so) the effort gap between a 34/26% worn item and a 40/41% item is quite severe. It means either not having to raid or having to raid which is a distinct change in what your game will be like. Unless you are a rogue or ranger and it comes on your easy epic.

One of the easiest pickups that doesnt sacrifice stats is the Rocksmasher but you are still relying on a single dragon to drop a single item and hoping you can win it amongst your peers. I'd argue a one-track raider looking for this as the end-game goal can get one fairly quickly but you will need to join a capable raiding guild and roll those digital dice for the stars to align.

It's not ideal to have to rely on Shissar to haste cap but the difference between it and VoG is 25 attack. It's nice but not a huge bump. Paladins at 60 if not strength capped can pick up about 80 attack with Yaulp4 so Shissar is a noticable disappointment. Otherwise it's a solid spell for almost everyone and gets you to where you need to be.
Closed Thread