Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 01:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do guild names even matter anymore at this point on p99? It's pretty much all the same try-hard neckbeards that have been playing for the duration of this server, just under different characters and guilds.
Today's guildies are tomorrows competition, and tomorrows competition is your new guildie.
Old 12-15-2021, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is she mad the problem got fixed or mad the neologism no longer applies?

Old 12-15-2021, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

when detoxx was the leader of aftermath, as it was dying, he offered a rotation to the server (which was rejected for various reasons).

anyone who thinks vanquish truly cares about "competing" is delusional. vanquish wants to compete for pixels the same way microsoft wanted to compete against other software companies in the 90's.
Old 12-15-2021, 02:31 PM
Banned

Boy oh boy I can’t wait to be dumped into Blue server one day
Old 12-15-2021, 03:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's weird, because I don't really feel particularly intelligent moreso than anybody else, but I have to baby-explain terms to people who have never read a book, and then everyone acts like it's the most alien, unheard-of thing imaginable. It feels like that Mike Judge film, Idiocracy. In fact, many times a day to myself I say out loud, "It's like it's become an IDIOCRACY instead of a DEM-ocracy." Then I laugh.
Old 12-15-2021, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do guild names even matter anymore at this point on p99? It's pretty much all the same try-hard neckbeards that have been playing for the duration of this server, just under different characters and guilds.
You do realise maybe 10? people in these guilds have been on the server even since epics were released? let alone pre epic kunark foreverlocked server, let alone pre kunark.
Old 12-15-2021, 03:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when detoxx was the leader of aftermath, as it was dying, he offered a rotation to the server (which was rejected for various reasons).

anyone who thinks vanquish truly cares about "competing" is delusional. vanquish wants to compete for pixels the same way microsoft wanted to compete against other software companies in the 90's.
People are able to adjust their viewpoints over time fella. Through circumstance, personal growth, server getting older, CSR changing, raid rules and mechanics changing, population and competition.

If you never altered how you percieved the world based on those, and adjusted your attitude and thoughts accordingly you'd be a zombie.
Old 12-15-2021, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People are able to adjust their viewpoints over time fella. Through circumstance, personal growth, server getting older, CSR changing, raid rules and mechanics changing, population and competition.

If you never altered how you percieved the world based on those, and adjusted your attitude and thoughts accordingly you'd be a zombie.
I'm sure it was that, and not him recognizing what would benefit him more and changing his tune.

There's nothing inherently wrong with changing your position in the face of new circumstances, and continuing to advocate for your own benefit. But, insisting on competition when you're winning, but proposing rotations when you're not, is highly hypocritical, if you also claim to be in favor of competition for some kind of idealistic reason rather than just because you're winning at the time. If he really cared about it as an ideological position, he'd have never proposed a rotation. Just admit that you all don't give a single fuck about "competition" except to the extent that you're winning, and we can carry on.
Old 12-15-2021, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsubtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's weird, because I don't really feel particularly intelligent
Maybe there's a reason for that.

Old 12-15-2021, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

I mean I left riot at the height of being uncontested everywhere to form <Guild> to compete against riot because uncontested mowing through content is fucking boring. Guild turned to Ghost. Ghost turned to Freedom. Freedom and AG merged into vanq. It has been a long journey back to the top. I hope they stay around and compete, they just need to stop looking for free mobs and need to focus on not sucking rather than petition quest. It's a bad look, their members can tell. I have friends over there and most who are still in are just sitting on a big pile of dkp they can't spend hoping to dump on something before the guild totally implodes
Closed Thread