Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 02:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The exp per kill is accurate.

The kills per hour are not.

Standard dungeon group here holds all the mobs in what would be considered multiple camps in 2000.

I remember camping NG in Seb in 2001 and we only killed the bugs and a few patrols. There was a group in the entry hall, exit hall, hallway to the other two areas, and one at the pyramid.

We were laughing at the other groups because ours was the best loot camp.
I remember 3 groups minimum on the goblins in highkeep as well. Now it's 1 camp
Old 12-16-2021, 03:57 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The exp per kill is accurate.

The kills per hour are not.

Standard dungeon group here holds all the mobs in what would be considered multiple camps in 2000.

I remember camping NG in Seb in 2001 and we only killed the bugs and a few patrols. There was a group in the entry hall, exit hall, hallway to the other two areas, and one at the pyramid.

We were laughing at the other groups because ours was the best loot camp.
I've done all my leveling solo here on p99. Still think exp is way faster than original.
Old 12-16-2021, 04:24 PM
Banned

It's a bit fast. Because the game is also a bit easier. *for certain classes*. I also think ppl powerplay certain classes and powerlvl their guilds for server firsts and item domination which also accelerates twinking, item, plat inflation, and top heaviness.

My entire time in live through velious I never got above 40, and I got my first planar drop in PoP after a 1 year IRL army vacation.

90% of us can literally play as much as we want/are able to play more. We pick two or three characters, and we plan ahead.

Like I rerolled 30x literally in my first year of EQ in 1999. None of that gear made it into the economy and every toon was a scrub. The coolest thing I had for 90% of my classic experience was getting a dark reaver gifted to me. Buying fine plate in kunark and being super jazzed when hybrid mana costs and manapool got de-nerfed.

Then I quit because I went to basic. It was much later before I would come back and level a cleric post-pop. My sk/wizard pretty much forgotten.

We have many people with stables of well geared 60s. Which I'm not whining about, it's just different with different pros and cons. Other ppl bitching, and needing those crutches r generally hilarious to moderately disgusting *turns nose away *

Doubt I'd turn down pixel gifts or pls tho.

____ update ____

Also enchanters are way too op. Nerf them harder. Plus channeling and like the number of torpor shamans is way too damn high.
Last edited by starkind; 12-16-2021 at 04:29 PM..
Old 12-17-2021, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manakim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm going to say it again, exp here is alot faster compared to my 1999 memories. I've remade a wizard here and got to 50 something really fast, while also playing my necro main. Back in the day, it took me over a year to hit 60. And no, it's not that we have more knowledge about the game today, i've done the exact same route i did in my main back in the day, and it was suuuuuper fast.
Lol it’s literally not faster
Old 12-17-2021, 01:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make the ZEM classic per the bug report and nerf channeling. Grouping will work out just fine. The only other risk to grouping is jboots and sow pots.

During actual classic when Druid figured out how to kite mobs Brad McQuaid lost his shit and nerfed DoT damage on moving mobs. The game was designed to require grouping for any substantial progress and recreating a more classic rule set will bring back that design. I already see people saying mob casting has to be nerfed because their monk can't interrupt a caster or whatever. No, that is how the game was designed. You needed a group. You were supposed to have a healer as a melee or you just dealt with a much slower progression soloing carefully selected easy mobs in outdoor zones where you wouldn't get trained.
I could get behind this channelling narrative if every other caster xp mob didn't gate and every single wizard exp mob in the higher levels drops ice comets non-stop. Leave it alone it's already unclassic anyway.
Old 12-17-2021, 03:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember 3 groups minimum on the goblins in highkeep as well. Now it's 1 camp
This was with bronze armor and fairly low tier vanilla era weapons like https://wiki.project1999.com/Brazen_Brass_Kilij (in 1999 my bard had one of these).

The availability of items here is much greater and more affordable, there's no way to tell people not to be so good at EC and making everyone quest/farm their own stuff.
Old 12-17-2021, 03:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I remember in vanilla classic on Povar in cazic thule, there would be a group in each corner of the temple courtyard, and usually a slightly higher level group inside the temple on the second floor. And there seemed to somehow still always be mobs up and trains frequently.

Sigh.. those were the days.
We almost had this again on Green launch and then they instanced the server due to "overcrowding."

Quote:
The availability of items here is much greater and more affordable
Solo Enchanters dungeon farming items to dump on people when on real live pets were buggy garbage let alone charmed ones.

Quote:
Lol it’s literally not faster
It literally is and there is a bug report that has the classic ZEMs which is buried with the other 1,000 bug reports explaining why P99 is cheesy easy mode newb shit. Exp on P99 is about 2x classic rates across the board. Also death exp penalty was 2x as bad. Both of those bug reports exist. I believe Rogean said something like, "Whos to say classic didn't have hot zone high ZEMs?" I mean, the classic evidence does, but that all became irrelevant long ago.
Last edited by azxten; 12-17-2021 at 03:41 AM..
Old 12-17-2021, 03:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could get behind this channelling narrative if every other caster xp mob didn't gate and every single wizard exp mob in the higher levels drops ice comets non-stop. Leave it alone it's already unclassic anyway.
What? No! Lets work on making those things more classic too.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-17-2021, 03:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was with bronze armor and fairly low tier vanilla era weapons like https://wiki.project1999.com/Brazen_Brass_Kilij (in 1999 my bard had one of these).

The availability of items here is much greater and more affordable, there's no way to tell people not to be so good at EC and making everyone quest/farm their own stuff.
I remember not being able to afford a drachnid leg tip in kunark but getting a walrus tooth in kurnak. On a TZ rogue. Was like 13 in kunark, 17+ from velious.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-17-2021, 04:24 AM
Banned

Ya lol all of the above posts 100%

Shits almost classic.

Also on live there was bottle necks of almost 2500-3k people per server for the first several years. Many of those people quit, rerolled, or restarted on other servers taking a lot out of the server economy and also slowing down the acquisition of items for people that stayed.

A lot of low end luclin gear was absolutely a big deal when that expansion came out. Because if you weren't one of the 80 ppl on each server with an established main who raided. You where in rags, or a new sub. There was a lot of churn, turn over in the first four years of EQ.

On p99 players are a lot less dynamic and static. Our pop fluctuates very little. And we aren't experimenting as much. Even complete EQ virgins are getting knowledge, experience, and the benefits of prosport level pixel addicts.
Closed Thread