Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-18-2014, 05:44 AM
Planar Protector

Default Aspect ratio, /viewport, and field of view

Is there any known way on the Titanium client to increase the horizontal field of view?

I've noticed that changing the screen area both by using resolutions of wider aspect ratios (ie, moving from 4:3 to 16:9) or by changing the ratio of the view field with /viewport is failing to actually increase the horizontal field of view on my client. Rather any increase in aspect ratio width reduces the vertical field of view. Interestingly, decreasing the proportion of horizontal width, even below 4:3 (say to something silly, like 200x600 screen area), continues increasing vertical field of view. Thus on my machine it seems any change to the view area is accompanied by the client re-scaling the vertical field of view to match. In a practical sense, this means no advantage is gained by using wider resolutions like 16:9 and instead it actually comes with a reduction of field of view. I'd much rather see the horizontal field of view re-scaled and improved with wider resolutions.

I attached three images using different /viewport settings to illustrate (same conditions apply if overall resolution is changed). First image is a standard 4:3 full screen resolution. Second image changes the viewport to a 16:9 window (note the loss of vertical view). Third image uses a silly narrow and tall window, with a large gain in vertical view. In all three cases the horizontal field of view stays exactly the same. Can this be changed?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen2a.JPG (57.8 KB, 315 views)
File Type: jpg screen2b.JPG (55.8 KB, 312 views)
File Type: jpg screen 2c.JPG (37.6 KB, 306 views)
Old 10-18-2014, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any known way on the Titanium client to increase the horizontal field of view?
No. It's hard-coded.