Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 03:50 PM
Kobold

Default I'm a 57 Shaman That Wants to Solo but Hates Root Rotting, Any Good Slow Tank Spots?

I'm a 57 shaman with epic who has very sporadic play time so I prefer to just solo. I've been root rotting PoM rats or WL Geo's but I don't think I can handle root rotting any more(it's just very boring/keeping timers on 3-4+ mobs isn't fun). I could slow tank PoM rats with slow, epic, JBB spam, pet atk which seems to do "ok" but wondering if anyone has any better spots or ideas?
Old 11-05-2018, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Not really anything easier for the xp than PoM rats.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Could try LDCs in Sol B, still blue at 59.

Or spiders in velks.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

The Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in my signature) is full of ideas for places to fight, and since I compiled most of them (and I'm a Shaman) that means there's even more Shaman spots than there are for other classes.

Personally I did HS basement a lot around that level, but I'm pretty sure I mostly root/rotted, so you'll likely want to go somewhere else..

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:39 PM
Banned

Drolvargs in karnors should still be blue and you get get buffs from people in zone.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

I think you can slow tank most things you can root rot. Probably the level of mobs you fight caps a little lower with the slow tank approach. HS entrance (basement if you make sure to have pet take the HT), LDCs, PoM forest or rat tunnels would be my considerations. I doubt you will find a better spot than PoM though.

More importantly get to lvl 60, then all you will do is slow tank with torpor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-05-2018, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you can slow tank most things you can root rot.
While this is probably true to a degree, certain mobs are definitely more suited to one style or the other. For instance, high melee damage, low HP mobs are ideal for root/rotting. You can tank them, but they will do so much damage and make you use up so much mana healing yourself that you'll wind up way worse off at the end of the fight.

As I remember it, the mobs in HS basement were like that: they just did too much melee damage to be worth tanking.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

LDCs and Freeti Mobs in SolB

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Old 11-05-2018, 07:58 PM
Banned

Velketors spiders is boring tank and spank city for a late 50s shaman.
Closed Thread