Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 01:03 PM
Aviak

It really depends on the unwritten rules. On Innoruuk the 2 treants in SRo were always 1 camp. But the 2 Aviaks in Lake Rathe, right at Arena zone entrance, were frequently shared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then again, everyone 'needs' cash for 'upgrades' (well, maybe except those that don't participate in the player market, but even they must buy at least food/drink/bandages/reagents/spells from vendors, right)? It does suck if someone vendors an item someone else might have used though.
I think that is one of the reasons in favor for /ran everything. People might not know how much plat they can charge in a new economy, but most have a rough idea how sought after something is. We will probably see a lot of auctions for straight trades. /auc Caster item X up for trade. Looking for comparable class Y item.

Another thing are the blurry lines of "need". Is it enough that somebody can wear an item to be counted as need? People will wear a lot of things they wouldn't wear on Blue just to fill a slot with something that is slightly better than the cloth or leather that they already have.
Has a warrior who is already wielding an ykesha the same need for the second one as the ranger who still wields his mid level blades? The SK or paladin are probably not going to use that ykesha for a long time, but it beats what they are using now. While those 4 try to hash out who needs it most or if the 4 of them or the whole group should random, the enchanter is watching that discussion with detached amusement. A moment later somebody auctions: Want to trade SMR for one ykesha.

Additionally there are always the people who bank something or park a lore item on a friend or alt before they move to an area where they hope to get another one. NBG works in guilds or among friends. With random pickup groups of poor chars not so much.
It will be interesting to see if the general population will reach an agreement that most players will accept or if every group will hash out their own rules.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean let's say you're holding down 6 spawns in an outdoor zone Killing them as they spawn no problem. But official server rules are that you can only claim 1 outdoor spawn at a time. Most people on blue respect more reasonable camp definitions though, but that's because the lower level population is so low. If zones are crowded and people can not find mobs to exp, I suspect these player defined camps go out the window and you can have 1 spawn and im taking another.
Oh yeah, no doubt. I'm just speaking of my personal rules. If I come on some camp and I see you can clear and hold it then I'll leave you alone.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It looks like I'm a minority here, but NBG doesn't really make much sense in EQ. Drops all have cash and trade value, so everyone NEEDS the drops to get themselves gear, even if it's not that same piece.
Agreed! I used to be hardcore nbg until i came to this realization. Truly the most FAIR way is to allow everyone who participated in the kill an equal shot at the item. The opposing argument for nbg holds no weight to me when trying to figure out the fairest way to handle it.

With all that said though I'm still never one to oppose a nbg group because I feel it creates a much more community focused and friendly atmosphere. To me thats what this games all about. I can't stand it though when nbg supporters get on their soapbox about how 'unfair' everyone rolling for the item is. Shit couldn't be any more fair so that line of thinking is baffling to me.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 10-04-2019 at 04:33 PM..
Closed Thread