Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 10:18 AM
Aviak

With the population being what it is (sparse) it sounds like true pvp encounters during the lower-mid levels will be somewhat few and far between. When they occur, I'll just take my beatings, and move on- taking notes to improve and remembering names, for sure. haha My ego can certainly allow for such occurrences without too much crying in public.

I'll probably roll a Necro (thinking Human Inny worshipper, just for the fun of it) to do some farming and get some general experience on the server. I know they can operate just fine while being mostly naked- and just save up/farm for items for my true toon. Considering a Bard, to have a melee type that can still solo at all times, since group exp action will be all but non-existent during my journey through the lower levels.
I have always toyed with the notion of a Halfling Warrior. Exp boost would be nice, but with all the required solo'ing... downtime would be atrocious.

As always, thanks again for all the comments. Hoping to have time to get on soon and get this ball rolling.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:26 AM
Aviak

Regarding gear: I'll be under-geared as long as I'm playing; I know that, and I'm okay with that. If my main farmer/financier is Necro, he'll be close to naked, except whatever cloth he can scrape off the skeleys.
How does the economy operate on Red though? Assuming no p2p in EC. /ooc is global, right? Is /auc global as well?
Old 01-07-2021, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Pro tip boxing isn’t allowed but who is going to say shit. You can either vpn or hot spot. The pop needs you well two of you at least.
Old 01-07-2021, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Necro is easier to gear up and explore the world in. You won't be in rags long there is a lot of gear you can solo up as a necro especially in Kunark and you will get money pretty fast too.

If you make a necro, consider an iksar because regen is better than no regen, and they have great stats. I would personally do a full kunark play through since I've never really done it and a necro is perfect for it.

You'll find tons of gear from other players unless you're totally anti social.

If you roll a warrior you won't be able to do as much, won't be able to explore as much, and will be dependent on groups that probably won't exist.

But definitely follow your heart.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-07-2021, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Bards can hit 60 naked. Not a bad choice for a first character if you have the skill. Or can acquire the skill from forums.

I'm to slow in reaction time for bard. But if I did one, I would AoE blackburrow till my 20s. Then. Idk try to AoE EK, SK. Or charm outdoors.

Around 30s, OT or FV, both of which have exp quests.

Dunno about after that, but BW and DL could get you into your 50s.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:23 PM
Aviak

I feel like not having much competition in those early zones will certainly expedite things. I may just roll both (Necro & Bard) and see which one wins more of my attention and interest as I play through.
I had thought of rolling Iksar for Necro just to explore lower levels of Kunark. I spent TONS of time there back on live, begining in LoIO, then FM/OT/DL/BW/CoM/KC, but didnt venture there until 20's - 30's with either necro or cleric.

I had thought that Bards were more gear dependent... and perhaps they are given certain group dynamics- but if they can solo while lightly geared, then all the better.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBStrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like not having much competition in those early zones will certainly expedite things. I may just roll both (Necro & Bard) and see which one wins more of my attention and interest as I play through.
I had thought of rolling Iksar for Necro just to explore lower levels of Kunark. I spent TONS of time there back on live, begining in LoIO, then FM/OT/DL/BW/CoM/KC, but didnt venture there until 20's - 30's with either necro or cleric.

I had thought that Bards were more gear dependent... and perhaps they are given certain group dynamics- but if they can solo while lightly geared, then all the better.
Pretty sure a generic or cheep lute is mostly what they need for soloing.

Their first charm works for 18 seconds, I think fixed duration.

Eventually you can get dots going for about 60-120 dmg a tick (7 seconds) ? Would need to do some serious bard research to tell for sure.

I never picked up the class because they require a lot of actions per minute. And duel wield instead of double attack. I think double attack would have been so cool instead of dual wield for a bard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-07-2021, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Bards can level to 60 full naked with just a guitar.

They need zero gear at all.

They are the best class in the game if you ask me, but only if you want to learn to play them at top level. I don't really want to have to mix songs all the time with perfect timing and...well i dunno maybe I should make a bard and get good.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Makes me want to bard so bad. Way too much clicking tho.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:39 PM
Aviak

Tonight’s the night. Made a bard, but playing the necro. Stupid lizard skelles don’t drop cloth like they do in Nektulos. Lol

Guldur L3 Iksar Necro
Lindale L0 Half-elf Bard
Closed Thread