Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

Default Making grouping great again

Just read a thread in RnF, don’t ask my why I’m a masochist, with a bunch of people sharing (crying) how grouping seems broken on P99.

If incentivizing grouping is the goal, as it should be, the best way to do it would be through manipulating ZEMs and group XP bonus.

Simply increase the group XP bonus substantially something like 25% for two, 50% for 3, 75% for 4, 100% for 5, and 150% for a full group. Then cut all ZEMs in half and watch as Soloers fly into groups.
Old 12-08-2021, 01:21 PM
Fire Giant

Make the ZEM classic per the bug report and nerf channeling. Grouping will work out just fine. The only other risk to grouping is jboots and sow pots.

During actual classic when Druid figured out how to kite mobs Brad McQuaid lost his shit and nerfed DoT damage on moving mobs. The game was designed to require grouping for any substantial progress and recreating a more classic rule set will bring back that design. I already see people saying mob casting has to be nerfed because their monk can't interrupt a caster or whatever. No, that is how the game was designed. You needed a group. You were supposed to have a healer as a melee or you just dealt with a much slower progression soloing carefully selected easy mobs in outdoor zones where you wouldn't get trained.
Last edited by azxten; 12-08-2021 at 01:28 PM..
Old 12-08-2021, 01:38 PM
Banned

get rid of ZEMs entirely or put negative ZEMs in places with loot so that people only go there for loots and not groups. That would severly limit the number of exp mobs so maybe just flatten out all ZEMs period.

i'm a big proponent of invisibly slow non existant EXP with no exp meter and forced /rol so u have to actually talk to someone to find out how powerful they are and test your abilities vs npcs. Hide that stuff, we don't need ppl thinking about exp while they roleplay.
Old 12-08-2021, 01:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make the ZEM classic per the bug report and nerf channeling. Grouping will work out just fine. The only other risk to grouping is jboots and sow pots.

During actual classic when Druid figured out how to kite mobs Brad McQuaid lost his shit and nerfed DoT damage on moving mobs. The game was designed to require grouping for any substantial progress and recreating a more classic rule set will bring back that design. I already see people saying mob casting has to be nerfed because their monk can't interrupt a caster or whatever. No, that is how the game was designed. You needed a group. You were supposed to have a healer as a melee or you just dealt with a much slower progression soloing carefully selected easy mobs in outdoor zones where you wouldn't get trained.
and everyone laughed
Old 12-08-2021, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That would make the game less fun. You don’t like fun, or is that just enjoy ruining other peoples fun?
Old 12-08-2021, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

I cant believe this game doesn't have a base exp bonus to make pugging categorically better than soloing or at least equal to it.

It's like the entire point of this game haha
Old 12-08-2021, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cant believe this game doesn't have a base exp bonus to make pugging categorically better than soloing or at least equal to it.

There is an XP bonus for grouping ... it's just small (except on Red).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-08-2021, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think the logic is the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, which is probably true in theory if you don't consider resource scarcity nor social loafing.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 12-08-2021, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I don’t think they fully appreciated how players would find ways to use the toolkit of a class to solo.

I would be supportive of P99 adding a solid group experience bonus. Would make things much more fun.

Az acts like nerfing channeling is going to somehow make soloing impossible. It really won’t as long as you’re attentive and give yourself enough space from the mob for root or charm breaks lol.
Old 12-08-2021, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

I would like a bump in group experience. When grouping, the exp seems super slow compared to solo.
Closed Thread