Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 06:45 AM
Orc

Default Lower Guk Pathing Needs Fixing

We died 3 times tonight in the ass/sup/executioner area due to pulling a mob, it vanishing under the floor, and bringing back about 12 adds from live side. This needs to be fixed, sick of dying here, and you're going to have a flood of people coming to this zone within a week. The last thing we need is frenzy getting trained by an ass/sup pull of sorts.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

To be more specific, here are the issues I have noticed:

Dead side:
Ghoul Sage and Scribe (and placeholders) will path through the walls, if they stop to cast or a pet catches their attention the will stay in the walls where you cannot cast on them

Right outside of the sage room a level 50 shaman pet somehow agrod something from live side through the ceiling or floor, the pet backed off and approx 3 minutes later a massive train of minotaurs hit us

If you pull the back right wan ghoul in the executioner room from the right side stairs, he will veer off to the right when running up the stairs and disappear, then bring a massive train a few minutes later

Live side:
The Evil eye will get stuck in the wall under his spawn point, same issue as with Ghoul sage

The tunnel between the evil eye and the room with 3 frog spawns and prison cages directly before it has a few dead spots that will cause pets to run all the way around minotaur patriach room, bringing a massive train
Old 10-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Aviak

Default dungeon pathing and aggro

Dungeon pathing and aggro seems to be a problem in most every dungeon, and not just Lower Guk.

Instead of focusing on the higher level dungeon repairs, I would recommend starting on the lower level dungeons, and then moving upward in levels as each dungeon is fixed. This way, the majority of our population, and especially our (hopefully) new player population moving in, will be able to see and benefit from the developers' hard work.

Blackburrow, Permafrost, Upper Guk, Lower Guk, Splitpaw, Cazic Thule, SolA, SolB, are all dungeons I have seen with pathing and aggro problems. Cazic Thule, a low and mid level dungeon, might as well not even be on the server right now, it is so unuseable.

To me, a lot of the problems seem to relate to vertical axis resolution. Often, the mobs I have seen pathing wrongly are moving vertically, as the OP mentioned. Zone-wide aggro, however, is evidently an issue as well, at least in some cases.

I realize how frustrating it is to higher level players, when they want a certain drop, or to take a certain camp; but I would recommend we focus on the lower level issues first, if we want the server population to grow and remain viable.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:40 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

I agree that it doesn't work perfect but I have done some extensive killing in Permafrost, Sol A and a bit in Lower Guk. The biggest key is, baby your pulls. Don't tag a creature and just take off back to camp, that is the best advice I can give you at this time. If you watch your pulls carefully and pull them back to camp while walking backwards, you will have no problems.

When you get a certain distance away from a mob it relies on nodes, and while in most places the nodes work great, there are just certain areas on the map where things just go crazy and then run down the wrong hallways and going to the wrong nodes and create trains (usually happens in highly connected areas, example where a node in the center of a room is connected to four other nodes).

The other advice I can give you is to crawl as a group. Don't create one camp and pull everything there. Crawl as a group around the dungeon you are in. It is pretty easy to just clear areas and ask your group to move up etc.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Aviak

Default pulls

Wenai you are right. I also would definitely not pet pull, especially long distance if you can help it.

We have been able to crawl though some of these dungeons, with certain areas being problematic, so we tend to avoid those areas. It's too bad when a certain camp though, like ass/sup camp, is bugged.

Cazic Thule is pretty much uncrawlable at appropriate levels at this point, I would say, since pyramid mobs are warping or pathing, or something, all the way to entry hall and courtyard. Splitpaw is also really bad, I don't think a group of dungeon level would survive near the door or beyond because of the warping/pathing/whatever.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:21 PM
VIP / Contributor

I did Ass/Sup + Savant the other night with no problems with pathing.

Levels are approximated but:

29 CLR
30 ENC
32 ROG
31 ROG
27 WAR
30 NEC

We got 2 TBBs, 2 Guise, 1 SBD, 2 Burlap Sacks, 1 EBC. So we were there for a while.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Aviak

Default ass/sup

We saw a lot of the problems Allizia reported when we tried to camp in that area. Obviously something was awry, but evidently there must be a way to avoid it.

Mobs stuck in walls was a big issue for us. We also had some stuff from live side come over.

One question: when you went into LGuk, do you think others had been in the area since server reset, or do you think you were the first?
Old 10-20-2009, 06:15 PM
VIP / Contributor

We did it on Sunday night I think. For the most part we moved as a group. We killed the entrance to LGuk all the way to the bats. Killed the bats and then put everyone on IVU. Cleared out mobs near Ass/Sup and broke the Ass/Sup room. Then we moved downstairs and cleared out the Savant area, etc etc.

It was more just moving as a group. We didn't do a lot of pulling and just moved together.
Closed Thread