Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Kobold

I always liked what Asheron's Call did for their FFA PvP server Darktide for item loss. You would drop a number of items based on the level of your character except for No-Drop items.

So like this for a PvP death.

Level 1-9 drops 1 item
Level 10-19 drops 2 items
Level 20-29 drops 3 items
Level 30-39 drops 4 items
Level 40-49 drops 5 items
Level 50-59 drops 6 items
Level 60 drops 7 items

Items included everything on your person both gear and inventory and items dropped were determined by value. So at level 60 you would drop the 7 highest valued items in your on your person/inventory. This made it so you could carry "Death Items" or high valued items that would drop on death instead of your own gear.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:43 AM
Banned

Item loot please
Old 09-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

Default Hi

I played on rallos so im pro item loot....i understand people are afraid to lose pixels but it isnt hard to gear up in no drop.Maybe increase drop rates so it isnt so bad?? Maybe only make jewelry etc lootable?I personally loved the thrill of losing/gaining an item....it created more rivalries then anything else back in the day.And dropped gear was cheaper to obtain.Increase drop rate a lil and make it one item already......or have crews with grinded up gear roll noobs without any fear....lose more people tp gear inbalance than item loot perhaps....
Old 09-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

Default Maybe

Pvp points based on kills? Then a pvp merchant? Id really hate to have to go blue for all my gear. What about item loot with no drop rewards from pvp vendor?? Sounds like incentive to pvp if you could buy no drop versions of current gear. Just ideas....
Old 09-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Banned

I think xp gain/loss on pvp death is only as easy to "exploit" as sac stones. You might have to make it so lvl 60 players don't give xp... hint hint. Bleeding your extra 60 xps into lower level 51+'s.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Large Rat

Coin loot = Yes

Item loot = No

XP gain/loss = No

Yellow text = Yes
Old 09-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnluckyLune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yellow text = Yes
Last edited by Titanuk; 09-27-2011 at 07:29 AM..
Old 09-27-2011, 06:59 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

This is going to be just classic, yes?

How could you possibly say no to item loot. Planar gear is No Trade anyway which should be what you are primarily after. Furthermore, having item loot available makes the lesser gear useful (No Trade items) where it would otherwise be filler material, thus opening up "extra content" that is already in the game just being unused.

It isn't like anyone has an unfair advantage when all you have to do is bag, and or stay bagged. Hell, it doesn't take a brilliant strategist to work around item loot.

Once you take away the argument of equality by bagging the only reason you have left to say no to item loot is "it's annoying to have to switch gear" to which I reply. "It's classic. I mean, Tunare forbid that you have to carry around a second bag of items with you." And if you can't switch out items on the fly, why are you playing pvp anyway?

I am all for item loot and I think this server and its over all population would benefit from having it active. The idea of potentially losing an item you've earned every time you equip it adds more depth to classic EQ than all of the quests in Antonica.

How is this even a discussion? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And to all those that want to QQ about not having enough good No Trade gear in classic, just lobby to put noobie quests in and gtfo it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And take over your face
With the front of my Hatredcopter
Old 09-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Fire Giant

coin loot: definitly
item loot: hum, camping somethin over days and weeks and loosing it due to 1 death sounds really REALLY annoying and might make many people quit...
exp loss: yes, but not as much as youd loose on p99 if you die and probably some anti-lose-exp buff which holds for 10minutes on respawn..
exp gain: of course has to be in relation to exp loss of the enemy... also difficult if pvp-deaths can be rezzed due to exploiting...

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Old 09-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanlei [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is going to be just classic, yes?

How could you possibly say no to item loot. Planar gear is No Trade anyway which should be what you are primarily after. Furthermore, having item loot available makes the lesser gear useful (No Trade items) where it would otherwise be filler material, thus opening up "extra content" that is already in the game just being unused.

It isn't like anyone has an unfair advantage when all you have to do is bag, and or stay bagged. Hell, it doesn't take a brilliant strategist to work around item loot.

Once you take away the argument of equality by bagging the only reason you have left to say no to item loot is "it's annoying to have to switch gear" to which I reply. "It's classic. I mean, Tunare forbid that you have to carry around a second bag of items with you." And if you can't switch out items on the fly, why are you playing pvp anyway?

I am all for item loot and I think this server and its over all population would benefit from having it active. The idea of potentially losing an item you've earned every time you equip it adds more depth to classic EQ than all of the quests in Antonica.

How is this even a discussion? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And to all those that want to QQ about not having enough good No Trade gear in classic, just lobby to put noobie quests in and gtfo it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You never played on a PvP server, did you? Let's see how quiet you are when you're corpse camped. As soon as you gather your gear, you get jumped again and lose another item. For planar gear, this isn't a problem. But you won't be able to level like you would on a blue server. Your leveling choices will be effectively halved if there are lots of PvPers.

On TZ I played on the dark side (dark elves, trolls, ogres). We controlled Guk. Anytime a human, dwarf, halfling, high elf, wood elf, gnome, whatever, walked in there, they were cut down and forced to do a CR from god knows where. They stayed out. Guk loots became like dragon loots for a lot of players.

Coin loot is just fine. The damage is done with loss of coin and a CR because you don't often know when you're going to get into a fight and unless you can bind yourself and you bind frequently, you'll be watching your back a lot more.
Closed Thread