Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Fire Giant

on a pvp server, somethin like "escaping" in eq2 would be neat.. if a mob is chasing someone, and that someone FDs or dies or zones or anything, the mob should go into "escape" mode and run back to the spot, where it aggroed the player without aggroing anyone else (tho, players should be able to attack "escaping" mobs and get aggro) if no1 else is on aggrolist

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Old 09-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't like play nice on a PvP server. Unless someone is intentionally exploiting or cheating(haxx) I don't see any reason for GM intervention. Someone trains you? Train them back. Someone bind camps you? Log on an alt. Don't be a giant pussy. I think that should be the primary GM enforced rule on this server. If you are a giant pussy who overpetitions you should instantly be banned 4 lyfe.
100% agree.

The whole point of PvP is that it should be "anything goes". That's what creates an immersive gaming experience - it's a god damn apocalyptic war and you need to do whatever it takes to save your life and destroy the opponent. Any decisions about how players conduct themselves should be entirely decided by their own code of virtues. "Good aligned" players might not think so much of training; that's how they choose to roleplay and if they want to whine about it, then they should form a guild of like-minded players who can be there to protect each other.
Last edited by Zuranthium; 09-28-2011 at 07:37 PM..
Old 09-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Banned

Over petition should be considered staff harassment.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Training should not be allowed. It discourages real pvp. Yes, it will sometimes happen anyway, but with it being legal it will become the norm. Which is bad.

Corpse camping, bind rushing and bind point camping should be legal. LnS should not be enforced by the GMs (exception for extreme cases, where a corpse will rot). These are all things that I hope players will enforce on their own. If they can't, though, it's not a huge deal. None of those things are usually a serious issue. Anyone bind camping is wasting their time as much as yours.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Banned

Being able to loot an item also discourages training imo.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zordana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on a pvp server, somethin like "escaping" in eq2 would be neat.. if a mob is chasing someone, and that someone FDs or dies or zones or anything, the mob should go into "escape" mode and run back to the spot, where it aggroed the player without aggroing anyone else (tho, players should be able to attack "escaping" mobs and get aggro) if no1 else is on aggrolist
This is the gayest idea I have heard on these forums. Eq isn't eq without trains. This is why eq2 and wow sucked.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

I suggest you make it against the rules to attack someone while they are engaged with npcs, to help retain as many bluebies as possible. Exceptions would include raid targets, places like seb and players chainpulling to avoid pvp.

When it comes to normal exp groups, or people soloing, PKs can wait until the NPCs are all dead.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

I know you're trolling, but for the sake of being bored and having nothing better to do than ask, why would you ever want a rule against that? It's a legitimate tactic, it's just unimpressive and nobody will give a shit about any kills you get that way.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

I am not trolling, that is how I played on live. And it should be against the rules otherwise it will become commonplace, and the bluebies will all run back to Blue99 when they take a pve exp hit because people couldn't wait for the npcs to all die.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Sarnak

Ok.
Closed Thread