Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Aviak

Just wanted to say I did this and I'm happy with it. The non-city texture changes (like grass) are somewhat more subtle than the city changes but overall it's a nice effect.

I have several additional suggestions, maybe add to original post:
1. When installing Trilogy, de-select Kunark and Velious to save yourself a bit of time on the install and the copy.

2. There is an easy way to make backups of just the files you're replacing, instead of all of them (so as not to waste disk space).

A. Select all the s3d files from Titatium and move them to Trilogy, selecting "No to All" / "Don't Replace" when prompted.
B. The remaining s3d files in Titanium will be the ones you are replacing, as they are duplicates of the ones in Trilogy. Make a backup directory and move them all there.
C. Move all the s3d files from Trilogy to Titanium.

Note: This does NOT take into account the two broken zones, so don't ask me if you need to keep them or not, I don't know, but it's easy enough to copy them back from the backup dir if you need to. Also, it would be interesting to compare the gequip, bmp files, character files to see if they're the same size or different, although probably any changes are irrelevent for Trilogy / Classic era content anyway.

3. Enabling / disabling luclin models doesn't matter for the character models, but it DOES change the elemental models. I happen to like the new elemental models, so I have this enabled.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

I like the newer elemental models also, only problem with that is targetting mobs under the new model can often prove difficult...
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 02-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the newer elemental models also, only problem with that is targetting mobs under the new model can often prove difficult...
Try using tab to scroll through all close targets. It's an essential tool for crowd control
Old 02-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Normally that'd be ok, but when you're in a situation where every second counts...!!
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 02-08-2010, 10:37 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Has anyone experienced any problems with this? If not, I'll toss it up just the needed files for download and add it to the optional section of the start up guide.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Kobold

Send a message via ICQ to vageta31 Send a message via AIM to vageta31 Send a message via Yahoo to vageta31

I tried it this weekend and had no issues and must say it was a noticeable improvement in most non city zones as well. Rathe Mountains looks very different, as does even Oasis. This effects tree textures as well as sand, grass, walls, etc.. The entrance to Guk from Innothule was vastly different looking and surprised me the first time I ran up.

I love classic the classic feel but don't mind some minor texture upgrades which this provides.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone experienced any problems with this? If not, I'll toss it up just the needed files for download and add it to the optional section of the start up guide.
No problems at all since I swapped files and it's a lot easier on my eyes too.
I would recommend it to those that experience eye strain while playing.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

i have a problem, neriak's grass is waaay too green [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Kobold

Posted RAR for easy install.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Kobold

Thank you Psycher! DL'ing now.