Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 11-06-2022, 05:06 AM
Planar Protector

You’re work is looking great.

Merry and Pippin, especially Pippin, were almost magical singers. Plus the rivervale theme slaps! Good call on halfling Bards!

Will you include the expanded shorts hybrid options?

What have you done to prevent characters emoting messages locally? Or are you happy for them to be able to communicate via wild gesticulation?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-06-2022, 05:25 AM
Planar Protector

Old 11-06-2022, 07:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’re work is looking great.

Merry and Pippin, especially Pippin, were almost magical singers. Plus the rivervale theme slaps! Good call on halfling Bards!

Will you include the expanded shorts hybrid options?

What have you done to prevent characters emoting messages locally? Or are you happy for them to be able to communicate via wild gesticulation?
Thanks. Yeah the hybrid options are in.

I'm not sure on emotes. I could easily disable them but that's kind of lame. I might be able to apply the same language filter to them.

I'll probably start a separate website soon so I'm not just lingering here on R99 forums.
Old 11-06-2022, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Biggest risk is the shorty team being OP
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-06-2022, 12:39 PM
Sarnak

This looks really cool. Definitely like the custom zone connections and language barrier.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 11-06-2022, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
5. No level range for PvP

Why? Creates more of a team atmosphere where you rely on your teammates always. A level 1 spamming snare on a level 50 should have a chance for the spell to land even if it's small.
Personally, I think this one is going to doom your server, because all your new players will be griefed off ... but best of luck: I hope I'm wrong.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-06-2022, 01:26 PM
Banned

here's my opinion you should care about, btw don't forget to like, sub, upboat & subscribe to the wiki
(lol)
Old 11-06-2022, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Lvl 5 gnome sk ftw!

Also maybe plz give gnomes druids
Old 11-06-2022, 02:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the only thing missing now would be like Kerra Island and Befallen.
You could possibly add Befallen as an extension to Unrest basement. Then maybe The Hole which extends even further down. It could be one big structure of undead nasties with lvls / toughness adjusted to appropriate levels. Unrest could be low - mid lvl, Befallen would be mid-high level and The Hole could be raid appropriate, or multi-grouped.

Or... The Hole could be an extension of Paw. The lore fits with gnolls worshipping Brell.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 11-06-2022, 04:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally, I think this one is going to doom your server, because all your new players will be griefed off ... but best of luck: I hope I'm wrong.
I like the start at 30 idea. Or start at a point where you are not useless right off the bat. The difference between 30 and 50 (spawn vs top level, whatever) could be something like what the 4 levels difference feel on rallos or red. Say like, if youre 20 and youre fighting a level 24. Hard but not impossible, especially if you get the jump.

I also like the idea of putting befallen at the bottom of unrest, not sure what kind of coding work adjusting the difficulty entails but if its not too much trouble, itd be great.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 11-06-2022 at 04:50 PM..