Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 11-07-2022, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fuk yes
This could lead to massive duping of items though, no?

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 11-07-2022, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This could lead to massive duping of items though, no?
Yeah, cross team. You could have your buddy meet you and just kill them while they wear something you want to duplicate. I had a few ideas for how to prevent this. No matter what you do though even legitimate fighting would lead to fast item creation. Is this a problem though? The server is supposed to be EQ PvP meets Counter-Strike gear being plentiful fits that model. With dungeons being so interconnected players could probably already hold down serveral item camps alone that they wouldn't otherwise be able to do resulting in faster item accumulation.

I prefer the quest item drop. I like the cards and I was thinking we could track player PvP performance and reward different cards for killing different players. If you kill a good PvP player they drop a King card if you kill a bad player they drop the Joker. Each card has a different reward pool or percentage. This has the same self farming issue but the rewards are more manageable. Turns in usually result in potions, etc but there is a 1 in 1000 chance of a guise, manastone, etc. Players can self farm cards cross team but they have to farm a lot to get a valuable reward and that reward isn't going to break PvP. Similar limitations to block self farming like if player X kills Y they only get a card for X killing Y once an hour.

Still figuring this out. Another mechanic I'm considering is a bounty system. Let's say a level 50 kills a level 45 player, there is no bounty, but if they kill a level 5 player who didn't engage them first they accumulate some bounty points. Basically you get bounty points for being a dick to people and if you accumulate enough you're added as a bounty target which means your PvP flag is turned on and you become attackable by both teams. If you die to a player some kind of unique item is dropped that when turned into an NPC in the capitol cities gives a good reward. The idea being that players griefing others can do so with the penalty of being openly PvP to everyone and having this raid gear bounty put on them. After some time or once the quest is finished they're no longer PvP flagged. The penalty could be more severe or this can be adjusted in other ways but the goal is to identify asshole players and punish them while not forcefully stopping them from being assholes. Maybe players can loot an item off you or something like that instead of the quest so being a bounty target means players can loot your gear if killed and everyone can kill you and you lost levels and so on. That is pretty severe while still allowing these types of players the option to be assholes and have a harder time because of it. I actually want to incentive and disincentivize this at the same time. It could be like a mini game, how long can you last as PvP flagged with bounties on you? There could be rewards for existing in this state at the same time as there are punishments. In general the idea is this third team of the players people don't like and we adjust this team so that those players get even more of a FFA asshole experience but players who don't like them are able to cope.

Maybe these bounty/PvP flagged players can only exist in certain zones like outcasts and those are level 40+ zones so they become restricted to the places they should be.

I don't know there is a lot to consider. For now it's just coin loot.

I'm thinking of moving banks outside of the capitol cities. Fighting at banks is awesome in my opinion. Since the lore of this server is a prequel I was thinking of saying banking as a concept doesn't exist except on Antonica but it is spreading to Faydwer. The Dark Elves and Halflings each have a bank at the de camp in lfay and at butcher docks where halflings start. This makes banks PvP friendly. Even more extreme I considered having one bank only that both teams have to use, that would be pretty funny. Right at the zoneline from butcher/fay so each team can reach it equally easily and it's near the capitol. Maybe the DE/Halfling bankers are still bankers first so there is a bank on each side of the zoneline because they're actually "one bank" that spans races. Kind of like a camp setup by the bankers because the races of Faydwer won't allow them to setup in cities. One side of the zone is your safe bank and the other is the enemy bank.
Last edited by azxten; 11-07-2022 at 05:02 PM..
Old 11-07-2022, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

I would make it exceedingly rare to get an item from pvp. The PvP version is NO DROP and LORE always (limits duping stuff like manastones or the bindy necklace). And it could be any item not just one that suits the class or race of the person killing the other person. And it only triggers once per day per person. TOPS. Without a garantee of loot for that single kill. So if u kill someone 200x in a day it just doesn't matter. It would be a low chance like 1% of the time. Per day possible.

I do really like your card idea too.

I don't see why you can't implement card, loot dupe (VERY low chance per day per person), and outlaw system toghether, though the outlaw system could easily be too restrictive on pvp especially as a camp dispute solution. A vote system to vote players into being outlaws would be cool, thats abusable too. IDK rly, I love it, wish there was a way to implement the outlaw system better. OPT IN only + some bonus + some punishment would be cool. Maybe not as steep as item loot but single item loot isn't that terrible for outlaws on this server i think. But they cant loot other ppls items so u would really need to find some big incentive to balance that ... like super deep increased chances of loot from MoBs or something. (not dupe loot from pvp cuz then ppl would just use the outlaw team to farm and zerg the server).

As for the banks just decrease GM and Guard NPC levels and stats to defeat-able mortal levels and move the banks to the newbie zones. One each side.

IDK how u feel about gem farming.

I would make it so ppl could have a gem vendor in each newbie zone aswell. And if you have a stack of gems in your inventory one single gem out of a stack drops everytime u are killed that way you always can lose a little bit, while keeping the majority of ur gems safe and it kinda helps with plat farming some since ppl can still lose money and its risky to carry around gives the banks more purpose again. So if your carrying 19, one is always going to drop as loot. It IS a lot of coding. I would also add in more expensive gems than rubies just so ppl could bank higher numbers of plat that way with more risk. So if someone does get up to like 80 stacks of rubies, maybe they want to save bag space and buy 8 gems, at risk of losing only 1 of those 8.

One other really really dumb request. Please fix warrior bash shield agro so it does like a decent amount of agro in PvE and maybe a bit more dps to make it more viable for soloing PvE wise. Sorta like as intended initially. It doesn't really need a buff in pvp. Maybe a tinnny damage increase in pvp. Just a few points to help warriors get that kill shot in better on nasty wizards.
Last edited by magnetaress; 11-07-2022 at 06:35 PM..
Old 11-07-2022, 08:27 PM
Sarnak

Default dont ruin this 4 me

Create a symmetrical map with the same number of dungeons for each level bracket on each side.

5-20 = Crushbone // Befallen
20-40 = Mistmoore // Unrest
35-50 = Solb // Kedge // Guk // Permafrost

Items from the eliminated zones should be redistributed throughout the remaining zones. This would increase the value of the remaining zones and add a feeling of new-ness without having to creating custom items (which often leads to balance issues or contributes to a sentiment that the server isn't classic).

For example: In upper guk there are only two or three items that are useful - runed bone fork, gatorscale legs (maybe?), and ghoulbane (maybe?). You could take those items and add them to the Avenging Caitliff and Imp Familiar in Mistmoore - both of which drop nothing of value on a pvp server.

Players can now camp multiple items from within one zone and ideally in less time. Having to keep multiple camps down in a smaller area would prevent people from having multiple characters parked in different zones and logging in/out during respawn time.

Items from the eliminated zones could also be used as pvp rewards or quest rewards.

Also, add a druid port to plane of fear. There's already a druid ring.
Add Quillmane to lesser faydark.
Add the ancient cyclops to dagnor's cauldron. Add Hasten Bootstrutter to Steamfont.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

I also think making a kick ass map from eq zone selection is critical to glory
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledbedder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Create a symmetrical map with the same number of dungeons for each level bracket on each side.

5-20 = Crushbone // Befallen
20-40 = Mistmoore // Unrest
35-50 = Solb // Kedge // Guk // Permafrost

Items from the eliminated zones should be redistributed throughout the remaining zones. This would increase the value of the remaining zones and add a feeling of new-ness without having to creating custom items (which often leads to balance issues or contributes to a sentiment that the server isn't classic).

For example: In upper guk there are only two or three items that are useful - runed bone fork, gatorscale legs (maybe?), and ghoulbane (maybe?). You could take those items and add them to the Avenging Caitliff and Imp Familiar in Mistmoore - both of which drop nothing of value on a pvp server.

Players can now camp multiple items from within one zone and ideally in less time. Having to keep multiple camps down in a smaller area would prevent people from having multiple characters parked in different zones and logging in/out during respawn time.

Items from the eliminated zones could also be used as pvp rewards or quest rewards.

Also, add a druid port to plane of fear. There's already a druid ring.
Add Quillmane to lesser faydark.
Add the ancient cyclops to dagnor's cauldron. Add Hasten Bootstrutter to Steamfont.
My only criticisms

Kedge is a terrible zone for pvp and just general purpose play. It's great for being kedge. I wouldn't count it in the pvp rotation.

I would put jboots on a neutral vendor. OR split up hasten and cyclops across sides. Not favoring shorties.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Hasten way easier than getting AC ring.

Hasten should be in a hellish horrible place of pvp so when you carry 3250 gold you’re fully clenched

Two ACs
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hasten way easier than getting AC ring.

Hasten should be in a hellish horrible place of pvp so when you carry 3250 gold you’re fully clenched

Two ACs
Lol perfect. Although jboots are semi critical for some unless sow pots exist and are easy enough to come by.

Stuff like jboots and pegi aren't that critical until late game on an old server tho. CoS and see invis stuff in the same boat.
Old 11-08-2022, 12:01 PM
Orc

yooooooooo
Old 11-08-2022, 10:55 PM
Skeleton

There was a server called COH-PVP back in the day, like this, and it had a neat ruleset.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22396
Quote:
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to extend an invitation to join us on Friday, February 16 as CoH PvP goes into Open Beta.

A Few Basics:
Max Level: 50
Playable Zones: Customized Antonica
Gameplay: 2-factions with completely unrestricted PVP

We've added a good amount of custom content that we are very excited about.

Feel free to visit us at www.cohpvp.net if you would like to find out more.

Take care,
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...t=22396&page=3
Quote:
Hello everyone, now that the server is back up, I wanted to advertise the new state of affairs on pvp combat, for those that dont play but may be interested.
The following is an excert from the Information & Announcements section of our forums.

The following is the current state of affairs of PVP combat: rewards & Punishment.
PVP Combat
Any player may pvp any other player. There is no restriction on spells, detrimental or benificial.
PVP Rewards
PVP rewards are given under the following conditions:
Players are not in the same guild.
Can't kill yourself for pvp rewards

Players earn Merit when they kill an opponent.
Players earn 5 base merit points in a kill.
Players also steal points from their victims. The amount of stolen merit is a percentage of the killed player's total merit. The size of the percentage is based on the level difference of the Player and killed Player.

Level Difference = Level_of_loser - Level_of_winner
So if you kill someone higher level than you, your level difference is positive. Killing a player lower level than you is a negative level difference.

Here are some chosen values of Percentage of Points Stolen as a Function of Level Difference.

-49 Level Difference: 0 %
-45 Level Difference: 0.22 %
-40 Level Difference: 0.42 %
-35 Level Difference: 0.61 %
-30 Level Difference: 0.82 %
-25 Level Difference: 2.3 %
-20 Level Difference: 4.6 %
-15 Level Difference: 7.5 %
-10 Level Difference: 11 %
-5 Level Difference: 15 %
0 Level Difference: 20 %
5 Level Difference: 25 %
10 Level Difference: 31 %
15 Level Difference: 38 %
20 Level Difference: 45 %
25 Level Difference: 53 %
30 Level Difference: 62 %
35 Level Difference: 71 %
40 Level Difference: 81 %
45 Level Difference: 91 %
+49 Level Difference: 100 %

Here is an example of how merit works:

Smugg is a level 40 badass necro with 100 merit points.
Gritz is a cautious level 50 cleric with 100 merit points.

1. Gritz kills Smugg:
Level Difference = 40 - 50 = -10
Percentage of Merit Stolen = 11%
Base Merit Earned: 5
Merit Stolen: 11
--------------------------------------
Total Points: 16

If on the other hand,
2. Smugg kills Gritz
Level Difference = 50 - 40 = +10
Percentage of Merit Stolen = 31%
Base Merit Earned: 5
Merit Stolen: 31
--------------------------------------
Total Points: 36

See Kedra's Item Reward System for one thing merit is used for. Item Rewards involve upgrading your current items. Anything may be upgraded, including the click effect, proc effect, name, and even graphic.

#merits Command
Players may use the #merits command to view their target's total merits. If no target is specified, the default is the player herself.
#merits also has the alias #points. Both do the same.

PVP Punishments
Each Punishment has its own conditions.
Bounty Hunter System (DISABLED)
A Player who kills another player outside of a +/- 10 level range is subject to a bounty. Bounty Hunters will hunt this player until his death or the bounty expires, usually around 1 earth day. Victims of a player must seek out the Bondsman, if they wish to place a bounty.

Level Reduction (Active)
A player who kills another player less than 20 levels below her/him is subject to an immediate deleveling by exactly 1 level.

Grouping
Any player may group with any other player.
Groupmates cannot melee or be the recipient of detrimental spells from other groupmates. (can't hurt each other).

Grouping in PVP is now supported. The only differences are as follows:

Level Difference = level of loser - highest level of group.

Base Merit Reward = 6 (instead of 5).
Base Merit reward is distributed amongst groupmates. There are always 6 base points given out, so some group members may get more points than others:
2 Group Members: each get 3 pts.
3 Group members: each get 2 pts.
4 Group Members: each get 1 pt, and two get another 1 pt.
so on...

Merit is still stolen, according to the level difference.
The total stolen merit is divided amongst the group, but rounded down to the closest integer.
So if a group of 3 steals 100 merit points total, 100 / 3 = 33.3...
Each player recieves 33 points.

Some things in the works are PVP Quests, PVP Games, and more.

----
Though I see you mentioning it as akin to Counter-strike server and moving banks around.
The typical counter-strike game would be like
Spawn > Buy Items > Run to Objectives

Maybe even more to the point for a fast paced EQ server like that, if you look at it like a FFA CS server. where you spawn anywhere on the map, change Gun Loadouts to try, and then run around killing people.
Spawn > Change Loadout > Run around

In an EQ world the typical experience is leveling, acquiring more skills and spells and getting better at performing same thing over and over. With the hopes of acquiring more items and gear. Though with the PVP aspect potions/stones/clickies and niche items become more rewarding and sort of your toolkit.

----
Open questions:
- What aspects do you want to consider to add or take away from EQ to shuffle it into something like a CS FFA Server?

Server should function like:
Spawn > Easily Acquire Levels / Items ~ Select a Loadout > Run around

Spawn:
(Anywhere, or set spawns?)

Easily Acquire Levels / Items ~ Select a Loadout
(Faster to acquire, items lose meaning, how would you prevent that?)
(Legacy items wouldn't have to spawn from named mobs, it could drop from anywhere, sort of like Mischief ruleset)

Run around
(To what end? If items are easy to acquire, is the really only reason leveling? If that's the case then a quickly rotating hot zone to get you leveled faster would inspire migration from one zone to the next)
Hot zone rotation + decay would be interesting to see.
- Hot zone Changes to X zone.
- X zone exp and loot chance increases.
- Announce best Zone X serverwide as an event/objective (maybe this also increases more unique loot chance?)
- After some time Zone will switch again,
- Zone X Hot zone exp + loot chance decays down to 0 over the next hour.
Last edited by Records; 11-08-2022 at 11:18 PM..